Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is anyone going to Tokyo right now?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2020, 9:41 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by robertablake
This is actually false. There is a cherry tree variety call the kawazu-zakura that blossoms from mid-February to mid-March. Here is a picture of one I took on March 1st in Yoyogi Park in Tokyo:
Great pic, btw..
robertablake likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 9:47 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by AndyAA
AA could care less about media reports. What gets them to act is market demand.
Employee action also helps AA respond: https://onemileatatime.com/american-...milan-flights/
Old Mar 8, 2020, 10:57 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by AndyAA
AA could care less about media reports. What gets them to act is market demand. If that dictates they need to cut flights, then so be it
Or union pilots and flight attendants trying to leverage their position . YMMV.
robertablake likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by robertablake
This is actually false. There is a cherry tree variety call the kawazu-zakura that blossoms from mid-February to mid-March. Here is a picture of one I took on March 1st in Yoyogi Park in Tokyo:
Fake news!
GTITAN likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by travelinmanS
Enjoy your 14 day quarantine! Will be a birthday to remember for sure.....
Yeah, I’m not worried about that. If they announce quarantines before the trip I’ll deal with it then. That said, have fun staying cooped up in your house fearing the outside world. Make sure you keep your blinds closed and if power goes out due to the apocalypse in your neighborhood, don’t be the only house in the neighborhood with your lights on.
IAHtraveler likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 1:31 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
This thread has gone wildly off-topic. For general discussion about COVID-19, please see the newly-created forum: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/coronavirus-travel-773/

For discussion about location-specific events like the Tokyo Olympics or cherry blossoms in Japan, please refer to the Japan forum.

/Moderator
JDiver likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.