Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Speculation: Extend Status / Low Req’s / Challenges / Promos 4 Coronavirus?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speculation: Extend Status / Low Req’s / Challenges / Promos 4 Coronavirus?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2020, 12:32 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by enviroian
Connecting via other airlines is not an option. It adds tons of wasted time and lack of productivity so yes I'm hub captive too.
Aren't you the one who flew PHX-SFO-SNA when you were having a fit with US and switched to UA?
Old Apr 11, 2020, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by aztimm
Aren't you the one who flew PHX-SFO-SNA when you were having a fit with US and switched to UA?
yes. I only did that so I could eat at the San Francisco soup company.
Old Apr 11, 2020, 12:49 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by enviroian
yes. I only did that so I could eat at the San Francisco soup company.
You probably could have driven PHX to SNA faster than flying PHX-SFO-SNA.
What about the wasted and unproductive time during that trip?
Old Apr 11, 2020, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by aztimm
You probably could have driven PHX to SNA faster than flying PHX-SFO-SNA.
What about the wasted and unproductive time during that trip?
i worked for a company that didn’t care about productivity at that time.
Old Apr 11, 2020, 8:32 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, DL Plat (but not for long)
Originally Posted by bgreenwood
Just so we can all relax check your account...my status as well as several other friends shows status through Jan 31 2022. Time to take a deep breathe perhaps tho expect the flaming to start on how poorly AA communicated it but I do think they have more important things on their minds.
My current status is Executive Platinum and it says 'Through January 31st, 2021'. Down below that it shows my for current year qualification for next year. I am at the Gold level for travel so far this year. That would be good until January 31st, 2022 obviously.

They haven't communicated anything because they haven't done anything, yet.
Old Apr 11, 2020, 9:15 pm

I try not to judge but reading the individual pain points on why status is oh so important to ME mostly leaves me cold; we all have a story and in these times none of them seem very important but whatever...Just so we can all relax check your account...my status as well as several other friends shows status through Jan 31 2022. Time to take a deep breathe perhaps tho expect the flaming to start on how poorly AA communicated it but I do think they have more important things on their minds.
pics or it didn’t happen - unless you’ve already qualified from early 2020 flying
Old Apr 11, 2020, 11:13 pm

Last night mine and two friends' accounts all clearly showed Executive Platinum through Jan 31, 2022 on our Account Summary pages and on the App. Today they've reverted back to Jan 31, 2021. No doubt the programming changes going on behind the scenes to prepare for status extension were inadvertently exposed. Expect that an announcement of status extension for a year is imminent.
jdawg and ArgosLAX like this.
Old Apr 12, 2020, 1:34 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP Gold
[delete]

Last edited by mczlaw; Apr 12, 2020 at 1:51 am
Old Apr 12, 2020, 11:37 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Last night mine and two friends' accounts all clearly showed Executive Platinum through Jan 31, 2022 on our Account Summary pages and on the App. Today they've reverted back to Jan 31, 2021. No doubt the programming changes going on behind the scenes to prepare for status extension were inadvertently exposed. Expect that an announcement of status extension for a year is imminent.
😯
GTITAN likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2020, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Are you sure they weren't looking at "Keep flying to enjoy this status (through Jan 31, 2022)" on the qualification meter?
asnovici and 355F1 like this.
Old Apr 12, 2020, 1:54 pm

Programs: free agent
Originally Posted by Stripe
Are you sure they weren't looking at "Keep flying to enjoy this status (through Jan 31, 2022)" on the qualification meter?
That's what I saw. I am general member last year and earn gold status on last February. Now my account page remind me that I can enjoy platinum till Jan 31, 2022 if I fly more this year. In my case, I hope AA will do rollover EQM/EQD till Dec 31, 2021 for elite status till January 31, 2023. I think rollover is fair approach because international travel wouldn't come back to normal level for long time due to inevitable travel restrictions on US citizens such as outright ban, or requirement 14 day quarantine on arrival, etc.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Finally out... status is being extended for a year, along with a few other changes.
https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...am-updates.jsp
Old Apr 13, 2020, 12:26 pm

Please follow the new thread with information about the status update.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...ws-update.html

~moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.