Admirals Club card - useless?

Old Mar 5, 20, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LT Ti & Ambassador, UA Silver, AA Gold, Amtrak Select Plus, Uber Diamond
Admirals Club card - useless?

Is there any point to carrying the Admirals Club card, especially considering the membership is linked to your AAdvantage account?
Old Mar 5, 20, 3:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Same day BP + ID is all you need. You generally won't need the ID once they have your photo on file.
Old Mar 5, 20, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA-EXP
Haven't done this in a while, but don't you still need the card to access Alaska lounges (such as PDX)?
Old Mar 5, 20, 3:45 pm
Moderator, Amtrak

Programs: AS MVP, AA Plat, DL Gold, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Uzzar View Post
Haven't done this in a while, but don't you still need the card to access Alaska lounges (such as PDX)?
Yeah, that is the only time I can think of it being handy these days.

Once ran into a problem at ANC since my card had actually expired the month or so before, but obviously at the AA clubs this wasn't an issue, but it was a deal breaker for AS.

Luckily, I was flying with an FTer so he just swiped me in on his.
Old Mar 5, 20, 4:04 pm

AS Clubs can look it up. They may ask for the card, but it's not a requirement.
seigex likes this.
Old Mar 5, 20, 4:58 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Programs: AS MVP Gold, AA Plat, HH Dia, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Gold, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
AS Clubs can look it up. They may ask for the card, but it's not a requirement.
Yeah, but it's a pain in the a$$ and not every agent knows how to do it. Much easier to just have the card.
ExpatExp likes this.
Old Mar 5, 20, 5:10 pm

You will also need the card if you plan to use the lounge on arrival with an electronic boarding pass. Once the pass is used, somehow the Admirals Club can't see the AA number on the pass.
Old Mar 5, 20, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by MIAFlyer View Post
You will also need the card if you plan to use the lounge on arrival with an electronic boarding pass. Once the pass is used, somehow the Admirals Club can't see the AA number on the pass.
This is incorrect. Just today I returned to PHX, showed my DFW-PHX boarding pass, and was admitted.
Often1 and Antarius like this.
Old Mar 5, 20, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
I've never used my card to get in to an AA lounge. I've used it to enter the AS lounge at SEA, but for a couple months I didn't have it with me, the lady picked up the phone, called her AA contact who verified I had access. Took an extra 30 seconds, but was never given an issue and the ASngles were never anything but happy to do it.
Often1, AANYC1981 and Ilove2fly like this.
Old Mar 5, 20, 7:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Iíll be traveling through ANC in a few weeks. My Admirals Club membership is through my World Elite MC. Do I need a separate club card to get in?
Old Mar 5, 20, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by Beachfun71 View Post
Iíll be traveling through ANC in a few weeks. My Admirals Club membership is through my World Elite MC. Do I need a separate club card to get in?
No. There is no separate AC card for CC holders.

As noted above, you don't need a card at all. Just a same day BP and ID. AS can look it up / call as the case may be.
Beachfun71 and Antarius like this.
Old Mar 5, 20, 10:34 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Lifetime AC members need cards when flying non-AA, since other BPs do not scan.
Old Mar 6, 20, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by tbone14 View Post
This is incorrect. Just today I returned to PHX, showed my DFW-PHX boarding pass, and was admitted.
Thanks, perhaps it's a MIA thing, as recently as 3 days ago needed the card on arrival.
Old Mar 6, 20, 4:30 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Yes, there is definitely a point to carrying the Admirals Club card, even considering that the membership is linked to your AAdvantage account, for many of the reasons listed above.

Will Qantas Clubs also call to check if you don't bring your Admirals Club card? I remember some Qantas Clubs being unwilling or unable to confirm Admirals Club membership with a phone call, meaning that you had to have the physical card. Maybe they can now.

And yes it's faster and easier to access AS clubs with the physical card, especially if as aisleorwindow indicated above there is any difficulty in the phone process.
Old Mar 6, 20, 4:37 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
you know, AA only gives you the card to make you feel special...
when I had the "club" membership... never carried the card or the luggage tag... my wife makes me feel special enough already

Search this Thread
Search Engine: