Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Using AA for HNL-PPG (Pago Pago, Am. Samoa) Award on HA

Old Feb 27, 2020, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver

I'm currently looking to get to Pago Pago, American Samoa (PPG). It looks like the only airline that flies there is HA, from HNL. Since the flight won't earn me any EQM/EQD's on AA, but HA is a partner of AA's, I was thinking this could be a good opportunity to burn some miles. When searching for flights online, I'm not able to find any available. Are award flights on HA using AA miles only bookable over the phone?

Would appreciate anyone's advice on booking this route.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

An obscure way to get to PPG, but would mean several airlines. FJ is an AA ff partner. Flys from LAX, SFO, HNL and other airports
Time goes slower in the south west pacific

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pago_P...tional_Airport
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faleol...tional_Airport
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nadi_I...tional_Airport
Great Circle Mapper
Old Feb 28, 2020, 5:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
I'd prefer to take the nonstop HNL-PPG flight than bouncing around the South Pacific. My question is in regards to how best to book this non-stop flight with AA miles. Are HA flights only bookable over the phone?
Old Feb 28, 2020, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by GNRMatt
I'd prefer to take the nonstop HNL-PPG flight than bouncing around the South Pacific. My question is in regards to how best to book this non-stop flight with AA miles. Are HA flights only bookable over the phone?
HA flights are definitely bookable online at aa.com.

Yea, when searching HNL-PPG, you always get the immediate "no flights found" error as if aa.com doesn't recognize or support PPG as a valid destination.

One weird theory, HA flights between the mainland US and Hawaii are not available to be booked using AA miles. Since American Samoa is a US Territory, wonder if the flight to PPG falls under the same umbrella?

In any event, you have nothing to lose by calling AA and seeing if a phone agent can see any space. Keep in mind the HNL-PPG only runs twice a week, so make sure you're asking about a day the flight is operating.
sam2k2002 likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2023, 1:22 pm

I'm trying to do this same thing right now. Did you find anymore information on this?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.