Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Leaving Duluth, MN (DLH) April 27, 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2020, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver

Looks like AA is pulling out of Duluth, MN. I think they started there less than a year ago.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/americ...out-of-duluth/
Old Feb 24, 2020, 2:58 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by GNRMatt
Looks like AA is pulling out of Duluth, MN. I think they started there less than a year ago.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/americ...out-of-duluth/
Had two flights a day to ORD on a ERJ145. Never understood how they thought that would be able to compete with DL and UA.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 6:55 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Admirals Club member
Is this a casualty of AA cutting regional flights to comply with the pilot contract?
Old Feb 25, 2020, 11:35 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I fly out of DLH on DL, UA, and AA. Can't say I am surprised to see it go; however, giving up this fast is a little surprising.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 9:28 am

UA only flies 2x a day as well, a CRJ-200 and A-319, but 178 seats is significantly more than 100. I too am suprised at the quick pull out. It doesn't look like a pull out due to scope clause, the Points Guy article references a different article stating the scope planes are primarily going to be E-140's out of JFK or DFW. This route had some potential to be competitive, but it must have not panned out. MSP being "relatively" close probably didn't make matters any better though.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 10:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ConsultantMiles
I fly out of DLH on DL, UA, and AA. Can't say I am surprised to see it go; however, giving up this fast is a little surprising.
I'm surprised too, including the timing to stop the route as summer approaches.

BTW, DLH to MSP is about a three hour drive if you don't hit bad rush hour traffic around the Twin Cities. The Rochester MN airport is about half this time/distance (although it's in the opposite direction so traffic is less of an issue).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.