Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK Flagship Lounge "Quiet Room"

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2020, 5:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Blumie
I’m familiar with many of them, but often they’re not a segregated, walled off room like this. I find that oftentimes, for example at LGA, passengers don’t even realize they’re in the quiet area (or don’t care as they yammer away on their phones).
Where is the quiet area at the LGA club?

There are phone rooms but people hammer away on their phones right outside them

CLT desperately needs a quiet room. Both clubs there are very loud. So loud that I’m considering cancelling my membership.

The noise would be less of an issue if club staff would actually enforce house rules.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 5:19 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by WeekendTraveler
Where is the quiet area at the LGA club?

There are phone rooms but people hammer away on their phones right outside them

CLT desperately needs a quiet room. Both clubs there are very loud. So loud that I’m considering cancelling my membership.

The noise would be less of an issue if club staff would actually enforce house rules.
Its to the left of the first food area as you walk in.....it’s not that private though and I think it’s a lot more quiet if you go down to that area all the way to the left of the entrance
WeekendTraveler likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 5:33 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Its to the left of the first food area as you walk in.....it’s not that private though and I think it’s a lot more quiet if you go down to that area all the way to the left of the entrance
Which food area? Because when I was there last week, they seemed to split the food now: one is way over to the right, on the glass divider between the main room and the TV room, and the second is to the left as you walk in, on the left, before the food for purchase.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Which food area? Because when I was there last week, they seemed to split the food now: one is way over to the right, on the glass divider between the main room and the TV room, and the second is to the left as you walk in, on the left, before the food for purchase.
When you come off the elevator, turn left and walk straight ahead, past the food service area on the left, to the windows overlooking the tarmac. There is an area to the left of that that, although not really segregated, has an often ignored “no cell phones” sign on the wall.
WeekendTraveler likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 6:06 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Got it thanks!
Old Feb 16, 2020, 8:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
The Quiet Room at LAX T4 Admirals Club is great too. That lounge is routinely PACKED but there's hardly anyone back in the quiet room (past the TV room) and some of the chairs even have ottomans if you want to stretch out a bit.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 9:29 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
It's a nice space. However once I was there there was one lady doing a VC inside (I'll assume best intentions, but it was annoying). I really wanted to tell her to please respect the space but held it to myself. Outside of that, very nice when I've been there.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Spanish
Bummer for that... I'm usually flying through DFW. There should definitely be some friendly reminders from staffs about the quiet areas.

I'm not necessarily "sound sensitive," but sometimes a breather in those rooms really does the trick.

Happy trails.
I like quiet rooms even though I never use them. It's a good space for those who want quiet to have peace while generally less quiet people like me aren't impinging on others desire for silence.

​​​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.