Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

BarclayCard Aviator Bonus Taking Forever to Arrive

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2020, 10:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold

It’s been 10 dats since I made my first purchase and paid off it and the annual fee, and although my account shows that I fulfilled the condition for the bonus, the miles haven’t appeared in my American account yet.

What gives? How long has it taken others to receive this bonus?
Old Feb 13, 2020, 11:12 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
It might take until the statement date, I don't remember clearly. They're not as quick as Amex.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 2:11 am

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
You'll get it a day or two after your first statement closes.
ramcm7 likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 7:02 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
I have a new card as well. My single purchase was $6, plus the $95 annual fee, and when I received my electronic statement I had a 500 point bonus (not sure what for) and the 6 for the charge, so 506 total. I paid the card yesterday so am waiting for my 60,000 point bonus. I believe the T&C says 4-6 weeks after the annual fee was paid. Will update.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 7:50 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Update. My introductory page shows I've been awarded the miles, but I haven't. I do have the cert. Funny, the T&C says 8-10 weeks for the cert and 4-6 for the miles. "Please allow 4-6 weeks for the AAdvantage® bonus miles to be deposited into your AAdvantage® Account and allow 8-10 weeks for delivery of the Companion Certificate after the qualifying purchase has posted to your Card Account and the annual fee has been paid."

First purchase achieved

01/28/2020

Pay annual fee

02/18/2020

You've just earned

AAdvantage® bonus miles and an Introductory Companion Certificate
Old Feb 20, 2020, 4:01 pm

It took 6 weeks when I received the 60k bonus.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 4:00 am

Update two. I received the 60,000 point bonus exactly one month (in this case, 29 days) after my original purchase was credited. Yay!
Old Mar 5, 2020, 8:32 am

Programs: AA EXP/OWE, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by 18wheeler_vanrekt
...What gives? How long has it taken others to receive this bonus?
Mine was granted about 20 days after my first purchase, which was also the end of my first statement period.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold
Yeah, mine ended up being about 20-25 days too

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.