Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

San Francisco / SFO Moved to Terminal 1 2020 (inc. new Admirals Club)

San Francisco / SFO Moved to Terminal 1 2020 (inc. new Admirals Club)

Old Jun 23, 22, 8:31 am
  #91  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Programs: AA: CK
Posts: 1,384
Originally Posted by Majuki View Post
I would say it would be if it was at pre-pandemic levels of food and beverage service during the Priority Pass hours. The renovated BA lounge at SFO is quite nice.
So is the renovated AC. Don't BA J lounges reserve their dining for their own metal flights, or is that only East Coast -> LHR? Is there a First Lounge there that OWE can use?
BlooJoo is offline  
Old Jun 23, 22, 11:45 am
  #92  
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 412
Originally Posted by ORDflyer92 View Post
I'm going to settle this today by visiting the BA lounge during PP hours. I wasn't impressed by the taco stand at the AC last time I was at SFO, so I figure I'll give it a shot. Will report back.
Update- here at the lounge now. The offering is about what you would expect but at 10:30 am it's a weird mix of breakfast and lunch options. There was a decent selection of pastries, toast, yogurt, cereal, but also what look like BA's afternoon tea sandwiches and clam chowder. I could smell bacon and eggs in the elevator, so perhaps I just missed hot breakfast, but that was ok by me. There's a "make your own mimosa" bar with some cheaper champagnes and a good selection of bottled beers. The lounge is quite beautiful and much less busy than the AC was last time I was here. Also, pretty good runway views but little action at the A gates (just a single JAL 777 with Oneworld livery). If you clear security at A, the walk doesn't add much to your gate (maybe 5 minutes from the lounge to B security) compared to clearing at B, but leave plenty of time to walk as the B gates are VERY far from security.

Overall verdict- very good PP lounge as far as North America goes; use if you have PP but not AC membership. If you have AC membership, you are probably better off using that for proximity and more hot food options.
shannon94188, Majuki and BWISkyGuy like this.
ORDflyer92 is offline  
Old Jun 23, 22, 12:16 pm
  #93  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: SFO
Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Posts: 347
BA Club/AA AC SFO

First time traveling from SFO internationally later today. Am I reading this correctly that there is an airside connection from International A to Terminal 1? I'm OWE and have an AC membership but the rest of my party are no status and have AC access via my credit card as authorized users so I don't think they can get into the BA club. Thanks in advance
Traveling on BA to LHR.

Last edited by Rebob; Jun 23, 22 at 12:36 pm Reason: Additional info
Rebob is offline  
Old Jun 23, 22, 1:57 pm
  #94  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: DCA
Programs: AA PLT 1MM (bitter former EXP), WOH Explorist
Posts: 769
Originally Posted by ORDflyer92 View Post
Update- here at the lounge now. The offering is about what you would expect but at 10:30 am it's a weird mix of breakfast and lunch options. There was a decent selection of pastries, toast, yogurt, cereal, but also what look like BA's afternoon tea sandwiches and clam chowder. I could smell bacon and eggs in the elevator, so perhaps I just missed hot breakfast, but that was ok by me. There's a "make your own mimosa" bar with some cheaper champagnes and a good selection of bottled beers. The lounge is quite beautiful and much less busy than the AC was last time I was here. Also, pretty good runway views but little action at the A gates (just a single JAL 777 with Oneworld livery). If you clear security at A, the walk doesn't add much to your gate (maybe 5 minutes from the lounge to B security) compared to clearing at B, but leave plenty of time to walk as the B gates are VERY far from security.

Overall verdict- very good PP lounge as far as North America goes; use if you have PP but not AC membership. If you have AC membership, you are probably better off using that for proximity and more hot food options.
Thanks for the readout. Have you been to the AF/KL lounge which is also on PP? Seems to be nearby.
njvandy is offline  
Old Jun 23, 22, 2:51 pm
  #95  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: SFO
Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Posts: 2,792
Originally Posted by Rebob View Post
Am I reading this correctly that there is an airside connection from International A to Terminal 1?
That is correct.
econ is offline  
Old Jun 23, 22, 2:59 pm
  #96  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Over the Bay Bridge, CA
Programs: Jumbo mas
Posts: 35,095
Originally Posted by njvandy View Post
Thanks for the readout. Have you been to the AF/KL lounge which is also on PP? Seems to be nearby.
I can't imagine that the AF/KL lounge on its best day has ever come close to the BA lounge on its worst day (although I've not been to BA since its remodel, so my statement is probably even more correct)!
njvandy and Majuki like this.
Eastbay1K is offline  
Old Jun 23, 22, 7:25 pm
  #97  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SJC
Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Posts: 5,062
Originally Posted by ORDflyer92 View Post
Update- here at the lounge now. The offering is about what you would expect but at 10:30 am it's a weird mix of breakfast and lunch options. There was a decent selection of pastries, toast, yogurt, cereal, but also what look like BA's afternoon tea sandwiches and clam chowder. I could smell bacon and eggs in the elevator, so perhaps I just missed hot breakfast, but that was ok by me. There's a "make your own mimosa" bar with some cheaper champagnes and a good selection of bottled beers.
Thanks for the report!
Majuki is offline  
Old Jun 23, 22, 11:42 pm
  #98  
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: London, UK
Programs: UA-1K 3MM/AA-Ex Plat/HY- LT Globalist/BA-CCR/GGL/GfL
Posts: 11,342
Originally Posted by Rebob View Post
First time traveling from SFO internationally later today. Am I reading this correctly that there is an airside connection from International A to Terminal 1? I'm OWE and have an AC membership but the rest of my party are no status and have AC access via my credit card as authorized users so I don't think they can get into the BA club. Thanks in advance
Traveling on BA to LHR.
Yes there is an airside connector from T1 to A gates.
When you get near the exit from T1, there are stairs, escalators and lifts up to A gates.
The signage is adequate.
Markie is offline  
Old Jun 24, 22, 12:22 pm
  #99  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: SFO
Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Posts: 347
Originally Posted by Markie View Post
Yes there is an airside connector from T1 to A gates.
When you get near the exit from T1, there are stairs, escalators and lifts up to A gates.
The signage is adequate.
Thanks we found it. Was uncrowded and an easy 15 min walk.
Rebob is offline  
Old Jun 24, 22, 2:16 pm
  #100  
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 412
Originally Posted by njvandy View Post
Thanks for the readout. Have you been to the AF/KL lounge which is also on PP? Seems to be nearby.
I visited there after the BA lounge closed just to take a look. Unfortunately, I couldn't get in because there was a Korean Airlines flight using the lounge, so they were full. However, it looked like other domestic AF lounges which is to say, not great. They did at least have runway views, but the lounge looked cramped, and had minimal seating. They had a grab and go option for PP members, which was a basic turkey/ham/veggie sandwich, a bag of chips, and a cup of greek yogurt. The yogurt was nice and had fresh fruit, but nothing else worth visiting for. If you are around during BA hours, definitely stick to that lounge.
njvandy likes this.
ORDflyer92 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread