Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

San Francisco / SFO Moved to Terminal 1 2020 (inc. new Admirals Club)

San Francisco / SFO Moved to Terminal 1 2020 (inc. new Admirals Club)

Old Mar 14, 21, 11:20 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
...All beverages are served by the bartender.
Except those beverages dispensed from the Coke Free Style machine.
https://www.coca-colafreestyle.com/
Kacee likes this.
Old Mar 14, 21, 11:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Visited the new AC for the first time yesterday morning. My first comment is wow AA got stuck at the end of a pretty long concourse. I'm not a fan of what SFO did here; this is probably the least convenient set of gates at what is otherwise an airport of reasonably compact concourses.
It is unfortunate that AA is stuck at the end of the concourse. I guess the bright side is that the taxi times are very short when departing, assuming take-offs are from the 1s.

I found that the moving walkways help a lot to get to the end of the concourse a lot quicker though, and they are also nice and wide (unlike the ones in T3). They could use a few more towards the beginning of the terminal, but I guess the restaurants/vendors in that area wouldn't like that.

But that said, I've actually come to like the ambience of T1. Seems very spacious, and for the time being, no lack of seating.

Haven't had a chance to visit the new lounge yet. If they ever decide to keep it open in the late afternoon/evening, I might actually get a chance to visit it someday.
Old May 9, 21, 8:20 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, AS Gold, HH Dia, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
What is the status of the post-security connection between Concourses B and A?

And am I correct that there is no post-security connection between B and D?
Old May 9, 21, 8:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by jmd001 View Post
What is the status of the post-security connection between Concourses B and A?

And am I correct that there is no post-security connection between B and D?
There are no airside connections to T1 currently, either from Terminal A or T2.
Old May 9, 21, 9:41 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Well, this makes the dismantling of sfo-lax easier to handle. Last departure is now 1:45pm, at least on the day Iím flying.

(mid-July).

itís AS for me I guess. At least itís all E-175
Old May 9, 21, 10:00 am

Programs: AA - Plat. Pro; 1W Emerald; HHonors Gold; UA dirt
So whats the status of the AC at SFO? Im on that 1:45 SFO-LAX in late June and we're due to be out of our hotel at 10:00. We'll probably take BART to SFO which will still give us 3 hours to kill. I guess we could go to the AC or skip it and spend time at the CL in T3...
Old May 28, 21, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
so if flying AS, you canít access the AC? Or is it still within walking distance?

anyone know what lounge Qatar uses from SFO?
Old May 28, 21, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer View Post
So whats the status of the AC at SFO? Im on that 1:45 SFO-LAX in late June and we're due to be out of our hotel at 10:00. We'll probably take BART to SFO which will still give us 3 hours to kill. I guess we could go to the AC or skip it and spend time at the CL in T3...
can you get to the Centurion Lounge from the Alaska gates airside?
Old May 28, 21, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus, QR Platinum, BAEC Gold, ITA Executive, Frontier 20k, All Silver,HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777 View Post
so if flying AS, you canít access the AC? Or is it still within walking distance?

anyone know what lounge Qatar uses from SFO?
If you're flying AS, you could only access the Admirals Club by clearing security twice. Alaska Airlines operates out of Terminal 2 and American Airlines operate out of Terminal 1 which are not connected airside.

Qatar Airways contracts the Air France Lounge in the International Terminal that they are flying out of.
SkyTeam777 likes this.
Old May 28, 21, 9:40 am

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
can you get to the Centurion Lounge from the Alaska gates airside?
No. Flying AS, you can't access any lounge airside from T2.
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
Qatar Airways contracts the Air France Lounge in the International Terminal that they are flying out of.
A terrible lounge, btw. When I flew AF ex-SFO a couple years ago, I actually exited A Terminal to access the United Club instead. That's how bad it is.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 1, 21, 10:31 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, AS Gold, HH Dia, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
An article in today's SF Chronicle implies that an airside connection between Terminal A and T1 is opening today. Can anyone confirm?

The article also implies that an airside connection between T1 and T2 is planned, but has been delayed by the pandemic.
Old Jun 4, 21, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does anyone have a phone number for the AC? I want to see if, as a member, I can access the lounge while on an AA-issued ticket connecting AS to QR without a boarding pass for the second segment since AS probably won't issue it. Since I have an onward ticket, am an Admirals Club member, traveling on a -001/oneworld ticket, if they would be willing to issue a gate pass with my onward itinerary. Maybe, as a CK, they might be willing to? I hear the agents in this club are super nice so no hurt in trying, I guess.
Old Jun 4, 21, 10:32 am

Does anyone have a phone number for the AC? I want to see if, as a member, I can access the lounge while on an AA-issued ticket connecting AS to QR without a boarding pass for the second segment since AS probably won't issue it.
As an Admiral's Club member, you don't need an onward BP. You can access on arrival with the AS BP.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 4, 21, 10:47 am
VFR

Programs: AA PP
As an Admiral's Club member, you don't need an onward BP. You can access on arrival with the AS BP.
But if your AS flight does not arrive in T1 (which I don't think any do), you'll need a boarding pass departing SFO to get through security in T1.
Old Jun 4, 21, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by VFR View Post
But if your AS flight does not arrive in T1 (which I don't think any do), you'll need a boarding pass departing SFO to get through security in T1.
That is indeed a more fundamental problem.

Search this Thread