Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

San Francisco / SFO Moved to Terminal 1 2020 (inc. new Admirals Club)

San Francisco / SFO Moved to Terminal 1 2020 (inc. new Admirals Club)

Old Mar 21, 20, 1:09 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 75K, AA EXP, United 1K
Looks like the original Mar 24 move to T1 is being postponed until at least April.
Old Mar 21, 20, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM, AS, MR-LT Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by lightbulbs View Post
Looks like the original Mar 24 move to T1 is being postponed until at least April.
Not surprised at all.
Nonetheless, loom forward to the new lounge.
Old Mar 25, 20, 5:41 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + UA Plat + AS MVP 75k Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by Wayne Kao View Post
Getting an AS lounge membership is a cheaper way to get access to Admiral's Clubs, for quite a bit less:
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/ai...nge/join-renew
The one huge bummer is you don't get SFO AC access.
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/ai...tion-and-hours

I wonder if they'll remove that exclusion now that AA is in a different terminal from AS...
I suspect the exclusion will be removed when Alaska finally reopens a lounge at SFO.
Old Mar 25, 20, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM, AS, MR-LT Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by jordyn View Post
I can't tell if plans have changed or the map is just not up to date, but that article says that there will be a consolidated security checkpoint (which explains how you'd have airside connections between A/B/C), but the map in the recent announcement clearly shows per-concourse security and no airside connections. So either plans have changed or they've got quite a bit more work to do until this is a reality.
If no air-side connections, why bother?
Old Mar 25, 20, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by allset2travel View Post
If no air-side connections, why bother?
Why bother with what?
Old Jul 18, 20, 6:03 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
out of curiosity for my former home airport...what ever happend with the move and opening? were there any pics pre-lockdown?
Old Jul 18, 20, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by VSLover View Post
out of curiosity for my former home airport...what ever happend with the move and opening? were there any pics pre-lockdown?
AA is now in the new terminal. I was there 2 weeks ago and when Ianded at 5pm there were no people and everything was closed. I was first person off the flight And it was weird walking all the way to bagged claime without seeing a soul. New terminal looks nice tho
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 18, 20, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by gateH15 View Post
AA is now in the new terminal. I was there 2 weeks ago and when Ianded at 5pm there were no people and everything was closed. I was first person off the flight And it was weird walking all the way to bagged claime without seeing a soul. New terminal looks nice tho
Not sure what the hours are, but there was three shops a month ago. Not open for 10am flight one day, open for 2pm flight next.
Old Jul 18, 20, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
Not sure what the hours are, but there was three shops a month ago. Not open for 10am flight one day, open for 2pm flight next.
there was nothing at 5PM and when i flew back at 8 am there was only some bar that served breakfast to go. Everyone else was closed. That was last week
Old Sep 17, 20, 9:03 am

Will be flying redeye (12:20am) departure to CLT on 10/10. Looking at the AA website, it shows the AC is only open until 10:30pm. Is that scheduled to change with the re-opening scheduled for 10/6? Did the AC stay open for the redeye flights pre-covid?

Thanks
Old Sep 17, 20, 9:55 am

Programs: AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by InfrequentFlyer2018 View Post
Will be flying redeye (12:20am) departure to CLT on 10/10. Looking at the AA website, it shows the AC is only open until 10:30pm. Is that scheduled to change with the re-opening scheduled for 10/6? Did the AC stay open for the redeye flights pre-covid?

Thanks
I can't answer the specific question regarding whether it stayed open for red eyes pre-covid, but I wouldn't make any assumptions, at all, re: hours for the re-opening. You'll just need to check the hours once they actually reopen. Several of the re-opened ACs, at the major hubs, have been closing at 5PM, which obviously is much earlier than pre-covid hours.

Regards
Old Sep 17, 20, 10:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by InfrequentFlyer2018 View Post

Thanks
Pre-Covid, the AC in T2 used to stay open until 15-30 min before the last red-eye.
Old Sep 17, 20, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA Explat, UA former 1K + PremExec, DL
Originally Posted by econ View Post
Pre-Covid, the AC in T2 used to stay open until 15-30 min before the last red-eye.
And they often stayed open later for significant delays of flights.
Old Sep 17, 20, 5:32 pm

Programs: AA - Plat. Pro; 1W Emerald; HHonors Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by econ View Post
That was my experience as well - mid last year. AC stayed active until the last flight was about to board.
Old Sep 18, 20, 9:04 am

I emailed AC customer service and here is the response - Looks like the club will of very little use to me during this trip. Disappointing.

Mr. ,

The Club is scheduled to open on October 6th, and the hours will be 5:00am – 3:30pm.

These are the correct hours. I verified with the manager of the SFO club.

Kind regards,

Elizabeth R.

Admirals Club Member Services

Last edited by JDiver; Sep 19, 20 at 1:57 pm Reason: Redacted name & phone of non-management employee for privacy

Search this Thread