Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Main Cabin Extra seats lost - only 1 seat refund instead of 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2020, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Wyndham Diamond

Hello, I had booked MIA-LAX flights for me and my husband last year, and purchased MCE seats shortly after purchase. The flight is for May of this year.

I woke up to this message:

Refund for: Main Cabin Extra
Refund amount: 73.xx USD
Refund to: AMERICAN EXPRESS ending xxxx
Date refund issued: 02/11/2020

Looking at the seat map, all seats are unavailable. (see screenshot)

Two questions:

1 - I am dreading to have the husband call AA (PNR is under his name). Will the refund for the second MCE seat show up automatically?
2 - Is there truly no way for me to get MCE seats for this flight? I am guessing this is due to an equipment change - 737-200 to Airbus 321.

Thank you for any insight
Attached Images  

Last edited by happychic; Feb 13, 2020 at 7:56 am
Old Feb 13, 2020, 7:58 am

Programs: AA EXP
I think 13A-C are considered Main Cabin Extra. Maybe there was a cost difference, but you should still get the MCE benefits.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by deeruck
I think 13A-C are considered Main Cabin Extra. Maybe there was a cost difference, but you should still get the MCE benefits.
Ah you are right! I looked up SeatGuru and rows 11-16 are supposed to be Main Cabin Extra seats on 321.

I had booked a window seat and aisle seat originally. Now we have one middle seat and one aisle seat. Any way for me to get the window seat back?
Old Feb 13, 2020, 8:27 am

Go try to book a seat on aa.com for the flight and it will show you the seat map. I doubt every single seat is taken this far before the flight; are you on a BE fare by chance? I've seen that before after buying seats on a BE fare where all seats get greyed out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.