Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

American Airlines Ticket changing policy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2020, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, QR Gold, CX Silver, ITA Executive, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold

I am so excited for my trip to the states from uk. On my return journey, I booked my flight to LHR from LGA via ORD in premium economy. And this resulted in my fare classes being Y for domestic leg and P for transatlantic leg.

Upon checking for other domestic flight options, I decided to change my flight time due to my schedule change, and I called onto the AA center and they quoted me a whopping 350GBP charge.

I am not too familiar with the AA policies, as I don’t usually flying cross the Atlantic, and does the fare class Y in my domestic leg essentially means that I can actually change my flight (domestic leg) for free as long as it is in the same class?
Old Feb 12, 2020, 7:17 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
You don’t automatically have an unrestricted ticket just because you’re booked in Y. Maybe someone here can lookup the rules for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.