Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Tests Pay Flagship First Dining @ DFW for CK, EXP Fs Lounge Eligible Pax: $150

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: On a day I’m flying and accessing Flagship Lounge, to access Flagship First Dining,
I’d be willing to pay $150
2.79%
I’d be willing to pay $100
5.57%
I’d be willing to pay $75
6.97%
I’d be willing to pay $50
32.06%
I’m not interested in paying for FFD access
52.61%
Voters: 287. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 12, 2020, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
American is trialing offering AA Concierge Key and Executive Platinum passengers eligible for Flagship Lounge access the opportunity to access Flagship First Dining for $150 at DFW (only). The trial period began early February and at that time was expected to last 90 days. NOTE: Mid-February price was adjudged to $100.

Rules: To be eligible for this offer, the passenger must be AA Concierge Key or Executive Platinum with access to Flagship Lounge by virtue of status or class of service and qualifying international or transcontinental flight(s) that day. The fee to add Flagship First Dining to your DFW Flagship Lounge experience is $150 per eligible person. (Unofficial sources)

American spokeswoman Gianna Urgo said:
“..we are testing an option to expand access to a broader audience of customers who are eligible for Flagship Lounge access but not Flagship First Dining. ConciergeKey and Executive Platinum customers traveling on American on long-haul international and eligible transcontinental flights will have the option to purchase access to the DFW Flagship First Dining facility for $150 per person. We will determine future plans upon completion of the test, which will last approximately 3 months.”

https://thepointsguy.com/news/americ...agship-dining/
I’m saying “might” because this is a three-month test by American Airlines, is only available to ConciergeKey and Executive Platinum members, and only at DFW.

If you meet all of the above and already have an itinerary which grants you access to the Flagship Lounge you can pay for Flagship First Dining during this test.

The price? $150 per person. Andy’s Travel Blog
Are you willing to pay that? Would you be willing to pay something less? Check the poll, and share your remarks and suggestions, please.

Print Wikipost

AA Tests Pay Flagship First Dining @ DFW for CK, EXP Fs Lounge Eligible Pax: $150

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2020, 9:28 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chitink
However, since then apparently they found they asked too little as the price has more than doubled since last year.
Are you talking about the QR lounge?
Old Feb 18, 2020, 9:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Are you talking about the QR lounge?
Yes.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 10:01 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chitink
Yes.
Well, they kind of screwed up originally then. Much easier to gradually lower a price point to find the optimal balance for demand and maximum profitability than to raise. Plus the brand image impact/ But thanks for sharing the data point.

You can raise prices, of course, if you provide enough perceived value increases to match the price increases, otherwise nothing good comes of it. Case in point. Admiral's Club membership fees raised to provide better F&B. I think DL might of executed this better than AA though .

What would be interesting on AA's part is if they did some A/B testing. Slightly different price points for access to FFD at the different locations to gauge the demand curve although I would think LAX/JFK would be less price sensitive simply due the overall general cost of living vs. DFW, for example.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 4:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Not in my experience. I've had both the Angel's Envy Rye and Woodford Rye in FFD (not the regular bourbons -- and the Angel's Envy rye, finished in a rum cask, is significantly spendier than regular Angel's bourbon). I've never seen either in the regular FL. But I haven't seen either of those on a recurring basis. I don't spend much time at the bar (because of Krug) so can't comment whether there are other bottles that are unique to FFD.
Hmmm...perhaps I've been missing out. I will check more carefully next time! Thanks!
platbrownguy likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
I think the value proposition is dependent on too many factors to make a blanket "I would pay $X" type of statement. For example: appeal of food on buffet, appeal of food in FSD, appeal of food on flight, how long the layover is, how crowded the lounge is, whether I can enjoy some drinks or do I need to be 100% to work on the plane, is there someone to enjoy the experience with, etc.
Antarius likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Was at the FL today and was chatting with one one the AAngels and they had FFD on offer for 100 today. Appears they are testing different price points.

At 100, I could easily see several people that I know taking advantage of it easier than 150.

Personally, as a vegetarian and not a fancy food type, I don't see the value. Perfectly happy to snack and avail myself of the numerous single malts. But good to see that it's an option for those that might want it.
littlefish, 355F1 and robertablake like this.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 5:21 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels
I have a 3.5 hour FL layover at DFW next March. If they offered it for $100 I might bite. Of course I'm not an EXP so maybe not eligible.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 5:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, mid-tier with pretty much everyone else
It appears you won't be eligible, I didn't get any notice of relaxing the CK/EXP requirement but it is $100 as of today
thunderdeacon likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 5:34 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by bthotugigem05
It appears you won't be eligible, I didn't get any notice of relaxing the CK/EXP requirement but it is $100 as of today

I doubt they got that many buyers at $150.

who knows if they will get any at $100?

I realize it isn’t DFW but Qantas FC @ LAX sells access to anyone for $150.....worth it if you have a long layover. That gets you inside and the sit-down dining that is delicious.
rasheed likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 6:21 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
I'm not seeing how $100 is worth it even if you have a multi hour layover.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 6:30 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels
I think for me it is the opportunity to enjoy exclusivisity. Something unavailable to the vast majority of the population.
355F1 likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Admirals Club member
I'm a lifetime member. $100 is too much for me, but since my company spend limit on dinner is $50, I would do $50 if offered.....
Old Feb 18, 2020, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
With my current flying pattern, I would not pay $50 for access. I am only in the FL in the morning for about 90 minutes before my Tokyo flight, which only affords me maybe an hour in FFD given the lengthy check-in for it and some bathroom time.

I​ have been in the FFD at DFW 3 times now, all for breakfast. The food quality and service has been very spotty. I have had one glass of Krug each time, which I've enjoyed, but I only will have one at that time of day and just before my flight. So, $50 is too much for me given the food quality, service issues, only being there for breakfast and my short stay.

If I was there for dinner, and could spend about 2 hours in FFD, then I would consider paying around $100.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 8:39 pm

Programs: ConciergeKey 4MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
If it were less than $100, I wouldn’t buy it. A lower cost means more customers, means leas tranquility.

I will happily pay a premium to NOT have to listen to Sharon from Basingstoke lament the fact she didn’t get her end away on her bi-annual shopping trip to Century 21.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 9:00 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by Antarius
Was at the FL today and was chatting with one one the AAngels and they had FFD on offer for 100 today. Appears they are testing different price points.

At 100, I could easily see several people that I know taking advantage of it easier than 150.
The first markdown is the cheapest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.