Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

checking in via app and "have you been to China in the last two weeks" question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2020, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines

Yesterday when using OLCI for my return flight home from MEX this message popped up. The CBP officer at DFW also asked me the same question when I handed him my GE ticket. What happens if you say "yes"?

Last edited by enviroian; Feb 10, 2020 at 1:44 pm Reason: CBD would get you in big trouble with the CBP
Old Feb 10, 2020, 1:05 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by enviroian
Yesterday when using OLCI for my return flight home from MEX this message popped up. The CBD officer at DFW also asked me the same question when I handed him my GE ticket. What happens if you say "yes"?
Further questioning is likely, possible results being anything from “have a good day” to “Do you know what a 14 day quarantine is?”

The latter would probably be guaranteed with “I was on the last train out of Wuhan to Shanghai, but my fever is so bad and I’m so tired I’d rather not talk about it after having a miserable time coughing and getting no sleep on the flight...”
Old Feb 10, 2020, 1:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/31/b...ronavirus.html

the Trump administration said Friday that it would bar entry by most foreign nationals who had recently visited China and put some American travelers under a quarantine as it declared a rare public health emergency...

The administration’s action will restrict all foreign nationals who have been to China in the past 14 days from entering the United States. The restriction does not include immediate family members of American citizens and permanent residents...

any American citizen returning to the United States from the Hubei Province in China, where the outbreak is centered, would be subject to up to 14 days of mandatory quarantine. Any American returning to the country who has visited the rest of mainland China within the last 14 days will undergo proactive health screening at selective ports of entry.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
The CBD officer
The CBP folks might have something to say about all this!
Old Feb 10, 2020, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
The CBP folks might have something to say about all this!
Funny! Thanks I changed it.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Funny! Thanks I changed it.
I was wondering if CBD was helpful if you had Coronavirus, or is it better used to prevent Coronavirus.
I think the best way to avoid Coronavirus is to drink Dos Equis (XX) if you must drink a non-German beer
Old Feb 10, 2020, 2:55 pm

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
Yesterday when using OLCI for my return flight home from MEX this message popped up. The CBP officer at DFW also asked me the same question when I handed him my GE ticket. What happens if you say "yes"?
His first question should be "what the heck are you doing flying AA?" because he reads your posts on FT.
The second would be, " was that the PRC, Hong Kong or Macao, or transiting HKG/MFM? TPE/TNN or SIN? Or TYO etc.
enviroian likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 6:50 pm

If you do get the Coronavirus, the best solution is to also contract Lyme disease. Because, what's a Corona without a lime?
Etheereal likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.