FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   How long after EIS until you fly a Max? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/2008072-how-long-after-eis-until-you-fly-max.html)

MikeShores Feb 7, 2020 11:02 pm

How long after EIS until you fly a Max?

I'm just curious. Those of us on this website know more than 99% of the traveling public about this aircraft. I fly several times a month and was one of the first to tell my colleagues to book away from this aircraft (prior to the grounding). I feel like the FAA is doing their due diligence this time, but I will actively book away from this aircraft for 3-6 months after EIS. What's your timeframe?

Unimatrix One Feb 8, 2020 12:14 am

I figure that with all the scrutiny and testing going on with the Max right now, it will probably be one of the safest planes ever by the time it returns to service. So I wouldn't have a problem flying on it soon after EIS.

hbtr Feb 8, 2020 12:33 am

I would have no concerns about booking a Max flight on day 1.

Gig103 Feb 8, 2020 1:26 am

I am not concerned with flying the MAX; in addition to the FAA, I feel like the AA pilots (and their union) won't fly something they don't feel is safe.

I won't hunt for it but will continue to book flights by schedule and price even if it is on a MAX.

IADCAflyer Feb 8, 2020 3:59 am

I'll fly it - only to say I flew it. Then cross it off the list as another jet with miserable seat pitch,

Dallas49er Feb 8, 2020 4:38 am

I would fly it as soon as possible, if for no other reason than to thumb my nose at all the worry warts who wish to whine.

fotographer Feb 8, 2020 5:30 am

no problem.. would fly

enviroian Feb 8, 2020 5:58 am

I’ll never step foot on one.

UKtravelbear Feb 8, 2020 6:13 am

I wouldn't be too sure the max will be flying anytime soon.

NASA have also had issues with Boeing as well and whilst NASA admit they should have had better oversight of Boeing it says something about Boeings lack of internal quality control

washington post - Bieing Starliner software problems

carlosnunez.dfw Feb 8, 2020 6:27 am

Didn’t have an issue with it then, and I still don’t now.

MiamiAirport Formerly NY George Feb 8, 2020 6:30 am

I'd fly the a/c but would only be concerned if I end up in a non MCE Oasis seat.

DataPlumber Feb 8, 2020 9:28 am

Considering I’ve flown several legs on UAs Maxes before the grounding, I won’t have any concern when it’s back..

The DC-10, A320, 787, etc. all had issues and I didn’t think twice about any getting on of them over the years. Getting to and from the airport will always be the most dangerous aspects of my travels.

joeyE Feb 8, 2020 10:10 am

I’ll fly it within the 1st month. Being based in Charlotte, I look forward to flying anything that’s not a LUS A321

To me, all the work they’re doing now to make the plane safe is simply the same initial engineering work they should have done prior to 1st flight. They’ll get it right and this past year will move into history.

AA100k Feb 8, 2020 10:15 am

I might get stuck on one but I will consciously book away from them, forever.

Unterwegs Feb 8, 2020 10:20 am

I would wait a year or two and see what happens.