Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Early January award seats available but unavailable?

Old Feb 7, 20, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA gold

I am booking an award trip for over the New Year....using the "old" booking tool, the award calendar shows seats available on Jan 1, 2, and 3, but when I select date and click through to flight selection, I get a message saying that no award seats are available on that date.

I also tried the "new" booking tool and get a similar error message: "Something went wrong. We didn't find a match. Please choose different search options."

Just for kicks I tried different destination cities and got the same result. I also tried each different award level.

I finally just booked the outbound (late December) ticket separately and am now just trying to book the return, since that's (usually) easily doable with award tix.

Any insight? I can try to call and book the return with an agent, but don't want to pay a fee (hoping they will have mercy on me due to the glitch).

(Above is the calendar for the return leg, using the web special option. Below is the flight selection screen that follows, with nothing available. I tried every award level.)

Last edited by monvoyage; Feb 7, 20 at 10:24 am Reason: add screen grab
Old Feb 7, 20, 10:21 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Could be an issue with AA itself.. it would hurt to call AA, explain that you are having issues with booking, they will probably waive the fee
Old Feb 8, 20, 7:58 am

I had the same problem. Called and they said no award pricing is loaded for 2021 yet. Asked when it would be loaded and they thought sometime over the weekend.
Old Feb 8, 20, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA 1MM/Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by daisydog123 View Post
I had the same problem. Called and they said no award pricing is loaded for 2021 yet. Asked when it would be loaded and they thought sometime over the weekend.
was able to get some booked for 1/2/2021 today, to attach to the end of a 70K mile Biz award to Asia where the domestic leg had previously been unavailable (award was on hold)

There weren’t 3 F seats available in saver when I booked, so we went Y for the short flight, but to my surprise, all 3 ticketed in F when the confirmation emails came through.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: