Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

FA Thank you notes: pax trashed several. Worth it?

FA Thank you notes: pax trashed several. Worth it?

Old Feb 6, 2020, 6:52 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I would love to get one of these notes and would never leave it behind on the plane.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 7:00 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Got one on PHL-ORD in December thanking us for being elites and to have safe travels and fun in Hawaii. It was really nice and I tweeted a shoutout to AA for the FA.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
I think it’s a nice touch.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 7:11 am

Programs: AA EP
Please keep on doing this. A short handwritten note is such a nice and thoughtful gesture - especially in this era when 99% of our communication is electronic. I always appreciate it when I receive something like this at a hotel I check into, and I would be likewise appreciative on a flight. However - given your mentality and willingness to do this, I suspect that passengers on your flights are already very happy with you and the care / professionalism you exert!!!

It can also work in reverse. On a flight a couple of years ago, my young daughter wrote a short thank you note to the pilot (which we handed to the cockpit on the way out). He seemed genuinely touched and appreciative of this.
MSPeconomist and spotbeagle like this.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 7:12 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Last Saturday, I flew from JFK to SJU in F. There was a handwritten note on our seats from the captain. It was a really nice gesture. I think that a note is a thoughtful positive touch point.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 7:13 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
I received one once and I thought it was a very nice touch.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 7:15 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
It's a nice touch, but is something else to carry or keep. But let me put it in context. I received a nice hand written note from my boss' boss for a job well done. It felt great to get it. But I left it at my desk for 2 days, then threw it in the trash. Same for birthday cards. If you are writing the note, know that 90%+ of people probably will get a smile out of it, but don't expect a lot of people to keep it.

Personally I would probably leave it in the magazine rack on the plane or maybe put it in my bag to toss later. But i would also think it was a nice and it would leave me feeling better about you and AA.
aamilesslave and apeortdz like this.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 7:35 am

It is a nice gesture but I am not going to carry it with me for the rest of the day. Throwing anything on the ground is disrespectful though, and I would not do that.

It would probably live in the seat back pocket for the rest of time.
Antarius likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are they supposed to frame it or something? I would not assume the note wasn't appreciated just because of where it ended up after the passengers were probably scrambling to get their belongings together before deplaning, lest they accidentally leave their wallet in the seatback pocket.
aamilesslave, Antarius and mctaste like this.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Are they supposed to frame it or something? I would not assume the note wasn't appreciated just because of where it ended up after the passengers were probably scrambling to get their belongings together before deplaning, lest they accidentally leave their wallet in the seatback pocket.
I agree. It's like birthday cards and the likes. Thought is appreciated, but if I recycle it, it doesn't mean the card meant anything less.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 9:21 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
It's not like I'd take it home and put it under my pillow. I'd take it with me because I wouldn't want to make a FA think that I considered it trash and I try not to leave trash behind for the cleaners given tight turns. Likely when I got home I'd snap a picture of it and then discard the note in the recycle bin.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 9:26 am

Programs: AA CK EXP 3MM, National EE, Hertz Plat
Originally Posted by skylady
I recently worked a trip where the purser and I both wrote personalized thank you notes to our FC customers. It felt good to do it, since we had a really nice flight, no delays, no issues, and we had fun. I was very disappointed after , to see how many of them ended up on the floor after the flight. Does this gesture mean anything to you guys, or should I discontinue thanking my customers? Feeling a little sad about it. I don't expect them to carry them home, but to just trash our gesture, well, that kinda hurts.
That is rude of them! I have received a few, even one on a business card on Eagle. I always appriciate any guesture of thanks, and keep them, and thank the crew. In fact I am always saying please and thank you to the crew, and everyone I work with, encounter, ect. Politeness and common courtesy seems to be a thing of the past. Thank you for being thoughtful, and all you do!!
Old Feb 6, 2020, 9:29 am

Programs: AA CK EXP 3MM, National EE, Hertz Plat
Originally Posted by ijgordon
come on, you know how rude people are, i see people throw stuff on the floor, blow their nose and put the tissue in the seat back. You are either considerate and polite or you are not.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 9:54 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, 1MM, Bonsai Plat-Pro, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum
Nice Touch!

I've never received a hand written note , but I think its a Nice Touch, and the fact t hat you and others care enough to take the time Tells me the Service on that flight from Boarding to Deplaning was probably Top Notch! Thank You! Keep doing what you do! Throwing anything on the floor lacks class no
matter what row you are sitting in. RT
Old Feb 6, 2020, 10:29 am

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by skylady
I recently worked a trip where the purser and I both wrote personalized thank you notes to our FC customers. It felt good to do it, since we had a really nice flight, no delays, no issues, and we had fun. I was very disappointed after , to see how many of them ended up on the floor after the flight. Does this gesture mean anything to you guys, or should I discontinue thanking my customers? Feeling a little sad about it. I don't expect them to carry them home, but to just trash our gesture, well, that kinda hurts.
Please keep it up!!! What a beautiful gesture on your part. I would love to get one

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.