Why do you bother with AA?

Old Feb 17, 2020, 9:28 pm

I only bother with their FFP and their partners, not them.

Since last April, I flew none of AA flights. I decided not to deal with AA in terms of their service deterioration and flight performance. I just qualified this time in January, and none of the flights were on AA. 15347 EQD, 110528EQM, and 10EQS. No fuss, not having to worry about eVIP, or fare information. Partners have been great to me, and they can wonder I won't even bother with the upgrades on AA all they want.

FFP - Only LT status is all I care about with AA. There will be a point where we can't fly as much, won't we?

Last edited by PaulInTheSky; Feb 17, 2020 at 9:36 pm
Old Feb 18, 2020, 8:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
As an Chicago based flyer I actually have multiple options for my flights. I have decided to keep 95% of my flying on American because:

1) Work takes me to small airports that aren’t served by Southwest

2) As an Ex Plat my domestic upgrade rate is very nice. Much higher than it would be on UA.

3) Confirmable SWUs. I know this is a problem for many people but I have been very fortunate to confirm SWU on international long haul at time of booking for many years. Being able to book a $500-1000 flight to Europe, Asia, or SA and fly J has been an amazing value for me. I wouldn’t be able to do this as easily on United or Delta.

4) OneWorld Partners: Using miles for F on JAL, Qantas, Cathay, Etihad, etc has been so much fun for me and my loved ones.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.