Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Cleaning crew theft of wallet left in seat pocket on AA flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cleaning crew theft of wallet left in seat pocket on AA flight

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2020, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jordyn
Your examples vary a bit. Once you get to the point that a company has brought in the person that steals from you (as with the cleaning example at your office) as part of your business relationship with the company, it becomes more complicated than that your stuff happened to be stolen while on the premises.
If the cleaning person physically stole the wallet off my person or from my luggage, that's one thing. But, taking a wallet left in a seat pocket to me is solely on whoever left the wallet in the seat pocket in the first place, along the lines of contributory negligence. I know MANY passengers wouldn't think twice about taking cash left in a seat pocket. Is AA responsible then?

At some point, people need to take responsibility for their own actions. In this case, leaving something in a seat pocket that never should have been in a seat pocket to begin with that then results in such thing being stolen because it was left by mistake is not AA's fault.
Antarius and fotographer like this.

Last edited by USFlyerUS; Feb 5, 2020 at 5:41 pm
Old Feb 5, 2020, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by mvoight
Cell phones didn't look like that in the year 2000.
The Nokia 3210 had been released in 1999
Yes, they were thinking 1990, not 2000..
Old Feb 6, 2020, 5:49 am

Programs: Does Non Rev count?
Originally Posted by LondonElite
I can't believe this thread is still going on. If you leave your wallet, crammed full of cash of course, unattended in a public place, you should expect never to see it or its contents ever again. Anything else is a huge bonus. AA owes OP exactly nothing and has already gone beyond with a nice CS gesture.
LondonElite is correct.... I'm sorry this happened to the OP, but come on, you are the one that left your wallet in the seat pocket and forgot about it.
andrewstahl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.