Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What can I do? American have RUINED our vacation? (RTW ticket issues)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What can I do? American have RUINED our vacation? (RTW ticket issues)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2020, 4:24 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by OhDoctor
Sorry you had to go through all that, although as noted, you're making relatively last-minute changes on complex multi-stop itineraries spanning several airlines (one which is AA). It's not surprising that it hasn't been smooth sailing.
oh believe me, after painstakingly planning every day of this trip months ago, I did not want to tear it asunder. An emergency beyond our control requires we leave S.America for the UK on the 7th before returning to finish the trip, no choice. Had to be done. All the changes have been due to extenuating circumstances and have required chunks of this trip be cut out of rejiggered. Not ideal but you do the best you can.

we made it to IPC. A last minute swap to a different J config put us all over the cabin but at least we are here. Wonderful island.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 4:18 am

So despite the thread title, it actually sounds like this just required a few communications and the OPs vacation was not RUINED.
JonNYC, jordyn, FAA1996 and 3 others like this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 2:52 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arlflyer
So despite the thread title, it actually sounds like this just required a few communications and the OPs vacation was not RUINED.
mmmm bootleather! Yea when the thread was made I had been told we’d been taken off the flight and there were no seats remaining so it was accurate until I managed to salvage it. Why do so many love making excuses for the airline? You’re right they did nothing wrong. It’s totally reasonable to pay thousands of dollars and expect the airline to butcher your tickets requiring hours spent on the phone having to instruct obstinate agents as to what they need to do because they are so poorly trained they don’t know how to do their jobs or they simply don’t care. How absurd of me to be upset!
LowValueCustomer likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
mmmm bootleather! Yea when the thread was made I had been told we’d been taken off the flight and there were no seats remaining so it was accurate until I managed to salvage it. Why do so many love making excuses for the airline? You’re right they did nothing wrong. It’s totally reasonable to pay thousands of dollars and expect the airline to butcher your tickets requiring hours spent on the phone having to instruct obstinate agents as to what they need to do because they are so poorly trained they don’t know how to do their jobs or they simply don’t care. How absurd of me to be upset!
It isn’t that people are making excuses for the airline. It is that many understand that most issues (in life and, indeed, here) can be resolved...and they will be resolved without the need for the overly-dramatic threads started on FT.

As is far too common, people run to FT to complain and rant prematurely.
JonNYC, USFlyerUS and arlflyer like this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 4:13 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rumboj
It isn’t that people are making excuses for the airline. It is that many understand that most issues (in life and, indeed, here) can be resolved...and they will be resolved without the need for the overly-dramatic threads started on FT.

As is far too common, people run to FT to complain and rant prematurely.
at the time the agent said that we had been taken off the flight, expertflyer showed no seats available (which the agent confirmed), there’s only one flight/day and the flight was 13h away. I’d say it was an appropriate title at the time.
LowValueCustomer likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Why do so many love making excuses for the airline? You’re right they did nothing wrong. It’s totally reasonable to pay thousands of dollars and expect the airline to butcher your tickets requiring hours spent on the phone having to instruct obstinate agents as to what they need to do because they are so poorly trained they don’t know how to do their jobs or they simply don’t care. How absurd of me to be upset!
I was just giving you a hard time over the thread title, since it didn't end up being true and all.

I'm actually of the same mindset you express here, generally - I often point out that airlines have trained us to accept a lot more than we'd put up with in most any other line of work. For example, when people talk about airlines only needing to provide "transportation", I jokingly ask how the poster would feel if a painter painted their house the wrong color - they were only required to provide paint! But it's just the nature of the beast - a function of there not being much consumer choice in the space, so the providers can pretty much get away with anything (see also cable providers, etc.).
Old Feb 11, 2020, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by ijgordon
They should just stop selling these RTW tickets; too complicated obviously.
If they stopped making profit on them, they would............
Old Feb 11, 2020, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Duplicate

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.