Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA drops partnership earnings with Hilton, Choice, Best Western 31 Mar 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA drops partnership earnings with Hilton, Choice, Best Western 31 Mar 2020

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2020, 8:13 am

Programs: Hilton Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold
This is all good and dandy, but fact remains that Hyatt simply does not have the coverage that Hilton and Choice have. Frankly, in every city in America I can find one of these two - likely multiple - hotels. Hyatt, I am lucky if I find one that is close and convenient.

Originally Posted by richarddd
"We continue to cultivate partnerships which suit our customers' changing travel preferences and needs. You still have many options for earning miles through every hotel stay with a variety of our global hotel partners. We encourage you to explore some of our best hotel offers now.

"We look forward to seeing you on your next adventure."
TSparky likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold
Thumbs down Yet another reason to move on

I moved to Delta as of the beginning of the year, via a Medallion Challenge, and so far so good. Looks like AA is trying to push out the mid level business traveler once again.....
Old Feb 2, 2020, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zack14
beware that your Hilton points will expire after 12 months of no activity
Hilton just recently changed it from 12 months to 15 months.

See section 13 at this Hilton T&C link:

http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/terms/index.html#general
Old Feb 9, 2020, 9:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro
Originally Posted by WebTraveler
This is all good and dandy, but fact remains that Hyatt simply does not have the coverage that Hilton and Choice have. Frankly, in every city in America I can find one of these two - likely multiple - hotels. Hyatt, I am lucky if I find one that is close and convenient.
Exactly. I tried to book Hyatt Grand Kuala Lumpur. Even though as an EP, I signed up for the short Hyatt status period, there was zero value for me to book it.The Hyatt rep was less than impressed with this partnership. And I got exactly the same deal if I would have booked the Hyatt on Hotels.com. So, I booked the Hilton. I’ve never found any value with the Hyatt chain for what I need and this attempt just confirmed that, for me, Hyatt’s are worthless. I’d be interested if anyone has switched with the limited offer of status and if they have found it to be a valuable relationship? I see this change as an AAdvantage devaluation. Not tragic, but not good either. Thoughts?
Old Feb 9, 2020, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Tack
Exactly. I tried to book Hyatt Grand Kuala Lumpur. Even though as an EP, I signed up for the short Hyatt status period, there was zero value for me to book it.The Hyatt rep was less than impressed with this partnership. And I got exactly the same deal if I would have booked the Hyatt on Hotels.com. So, I booked the Hilton. I’ve never found any value with the Hyatt chain for what I need and this attempt just confirmed that, for me, Hyatt’s are worthless. I’d be interested if anyone has switched with the limited offer of status and if they have found it to be a valuable relationship? I see this change as an AAdvantage devaluation. Not tragic, but not good either. Thoughts?
I took the free Explorist status that was offered to me last year and made Globalist soon after. Resulted in me moving some 60 of 300 nights total to Hyatt from Marriott.

Agree completely that Hyatt is not a complete standalone program, their footprint is simply too small. However, they have some excellent properties and the Globalist benefits are top notch.

Now that I'm LT plat on Marriott, I'll probably aim to hit Ambassador on Marriott and Globalist on Hyatt. Choice is a good thing and the fact that Globalist means no resort fees speaks directly to my soul.

TL;DR - I'm happy with the partnership.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 8:36 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by sdsearch
I would keep them at Hilton, but just remember that Hilton points expire after 15 months (used to be 12 months) of "no activity". So figure out how to keep them "alive" for cheap. (If you don't know of an option that would work for you, search or ask in the Hilton forum.)
Recently purchased 1,000 HH points for $10. (BTW, Radisson's are $7, Marriott's are $12.50, Hyatt's are $24 ... each often with bonuses at 5,000+.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.