Wiki Posts
Search

Delayed due to... live frogs

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2020, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, HHonors DIA
Delayed due to... live frogs

Yep you read that correctly, live frogs. On 2559 yesterday from DFW>DTW, we were delayed a few minutes at the gate in DFW due to a load of live frogs. According to the captain (who made two very nice, detailed announcements about it), there was a load of live frogs in the aft cargo hold and the computer just didn't like it and either wouldn't allow them there or it couldn't compute them being there. So thankfully instead of keeping us delayed, they offloaded them for a later flight.

The funniest part was that after we landed, and on the looooong taxi at DTW to the gate, I heard what sounded like frogs. It was probably just somebody still asleep and snoring intermittently, but part of me wonders if there was a load in the forward hold that did get to travel.

Just might be the funniest delay I've encountered.
donotblink and robertablake like this.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 11:24 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by Jimmy28
Yep you read that correctly, live frogs. On 2559 yesterday from DFW>DTW, we were delayed a few minutes at the gate in DFW due to a load of live frogs. According to the captain (who made two very nice, detailed announcements about it), there was a load of live frogs in the aft cargo hold and the computer just didn't like it and either wouldn't allow them there or it couldn't compute them being there. So thankfully instead of keeping us delayed, they offloaded them for a later flight.

The funniest part was that after we landed, and on the looooong taxi at DTW to the gate, I heard what sounded like frogs. It was probably just somebody still asleep and snoring intermittently, but part of me wonders if there was a load in the forward hold that did get to travel.

Just might be the funniest delay I've encountered.
i was just about to post that I was on the same flight in the celebrity spottings section. I saw kermit the frog and Miss Piggy on there! 😂🤣😜
wrp96 likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 2:36 pm

There was a wonderful BBC UK series called "Animal Airport" about the Animal Reception Centre at LHR (ARC...naturally known as the Ark...lol I doubt that was accidental!) I was AMAZED at the range and number of animals and insects that routinely get shipped around the world...
fotographer likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Just when you think you've heard of ever possible situation on a plane, something else happens!
Antarius and trooper like this.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
better then live crickets (nothing to with the game cricket)
Old Jan 31, 2020, 3:32 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
perhaps this could be a good sequel for Samual L. Jackson in Snakes on a Plane.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 6:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
I wonder if the frogs got IDB compensation?
Old Jan 31, 2020, 7:38 pm

Yup, a the frogs got a free massage service before next flight.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 10:08 pm

This is really concerning. You don't want your plane to take off with missing ribbits... it compromises the integrity of the airframe.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 11:11 pm

Programs: 3RR, UA, BA, AA, HH, Marriott RW,
AA customer service jumping into action!
Old Jan 31, 2020, 11:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: SkyMiles, Global Entry, Non-Rev
Better than snakes though. If it was snakes I'd voluntarily take the next flight.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 4:39 am

I’m flying Egyptair in March. A friend told me last time she flew that airline, there were chickens on the plane...and I don’t think she meant in the hold. ( This was some years ago...like 30).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.