Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

EQM earnings for Premium Economy booked as NLE0C8P1

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2020, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/3MM, AA EXP/3MM, DL MM, former fan of TWA

Hi - I am looking at an international fare that shows up on ITA Matrix with segments in Premium Economy, and ITA Matrix is telling me that these flights are in booking code P. When I look at the detailed fare rules, the fare class shows as NLE0C8P1. Reading the rules it appears to be some sort of Premium Economy up-sell fare. The fare can be purchased on aa.com by selecting a Premium Economy fare, so it certainly makes it appear that it should credit at 1.5 EQM, but the specifics of the fare code concern me. Does anyone know how the EQM earnings are calculated for this fare? Thanks!
Old Jan 26, 2020, 5:37 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by gary_nj
Hi - I am looking at an international fare that shows up on ITA Matrix with segments in Premium Economy, and ITA Matrix is telling me that these flights are in booking code P. When I look at the detailed fare rules, the fare class shows as NLE0C8P1. Reading the rules it appears to be some sort of Premium Economy up-sell fare. The fare can be purchased on aa.com by selecting a Premium Economy fare, so it certainly makes it appear that it should credit at 1.5 EQM, but the specifics of the fare code concern me. Does anyone know how the EQM earnings are calculated for this fare? Thanks!
1.5x. Just as you would earn 2x on an I Y-UP fare that had a fare basis starting with N.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 10:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/3MM, AA EXP/3MM, DL MM, former fan of TWA
Originally Posted by donotblink
1.5x. Just as you would earn 2x on an I Y-UP fare that had a fare basis starting with N.
Thank you!
Old Jan 27, 2020, 12:12 am

Originally Posted by gary_nj
I am no expert, but it seems AA and other airlines have lots of fares whose booking class and the first letter of the fare basis code don't match. I have seen lots of them on domestic and TATL flights like your example.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.