Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club Mobile Check-in - Disabled in iOS?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Admirals Club Mobile Check-in - Disabled in iOS?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2020, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by JY1024
but with lots of customers arguing over why they can't get in ... even though their boarding pass says "PRIORITY" on it...
Are these the same passengers that line up with Group 1 for boarding?
Old Jan 29, 2020, 5:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, HH Diamond, Admirals Club, Global Entry
One last VERY IMPORTANT observation about scanning mobile boarding pass: If you want to use a club at your arrival airport, please make sure to carry a paper boarding pass with you (obtain it at your departure lounge or kiosks or gate). Mobile boarding passes expire after a flight departure and often the barcode in the expired mobile boarding pass is unreadable garbage. Scanners at the clubs cannot scan the expired mobile boarding pass. Check-in agents can still check your eligibility by typing-in your AAdvantage number (or membership cards, ID, etc.) in their computer but many agents don't know the procedure (or reluctant to do it and the process holds the line). I am saying this from my recent experience.

Mobile check-in didn't had theses hassles. It was one of the best useful feather when it worked. I hope it comes back to life soon.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 11:30 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by Tintin
One last VERY IMPORTANT observation about scanning mobile boarding pass: If you want to use a club at your arrival airport, please make sure to carry a paper boarding pass with you (obtain it at your departure lounge or kiosks or gate). Mobile boarding passes expire after a flight departure and often the barcode in the expired mobile boarding pass is unreadable garbage. Scanners at the clubs cannot scan the expired mobile boarding pass. Check-in agents can still check your eligibility by typing-in your AAdvantage number (or membership cards, ID, etc.) in their computer but many agents don't know the procedure (or reluctant to do it and the process holds the line). I am saying this from my recent experience.

Mobile check-in didn't had theses hassles. It was one of the best useful feather when it worked. I hope it comes back to life soon.
It used to work that way, but an update to the iOS mobile app a month or two ago doesn't immediate expire the boarding pass in the wallet after flight. It seems to stay active for a period of time after the flight now (although the boarding pass does change from black to blue). Another work around was to do a screen cap of the BP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.