FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Citi AAdvantage Executive Contactless Mastercard (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/2006057-citi-aadvantage-executive-contactless-mastercard.html)

JY1024 Jan 26, 2020 6:06 pm

I called in and was told that my account wasn't eligible yet, but a "third batch" was going to go live with contactless in the next month or so. <shrug>

perigord Jan 26, 2020 9:01 pm

New cards also seem heavier and sturdier than the old. Surprised that non-contactless are still being sent at this point.

TravelinSperry Jan 27, 2020 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by freeagent (Post 31991382)
The Citi Platinum Select is being issued as a contactless card also.

Finally. The only card left in my wallet without contactless.

Herb687 Jan 27, 2020 5:23 pm

And plastic cards are no longer available even on request. Morons at Citi. Why are you forcing me to have a ridiculously heavy unwanted metal card that is going to pose an issue at airport security AND costs you much more to produce and mail?

Good on ya, Citi. You're pissing off customers AND driving costs UP for your business at the same time. I guess AA and Citi are made for each other!

TravelinSperry Jan 27, 2020 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by JY1024 (Post 31997946)
I called in and was told that my account wasn't eligible yet, but a "third batch" was going to go live with contactless in the next month or so. <shrug>

Weird. I just called and spoke to a rep and she happily ordered me the new contactless card.

jtav559 Jan 29, 2020 6:53 pm

Did an online request for new cards to replace "damaged" existing ones, so same acct number.

Both Citi AA Exec and Citi Plat Select cards.

Ordered Saturday, showed up Tuesday.

Both new cards are contactless. Easy as pie.

bchandler02 Jan 30, 2020 7:21 am

So far this week the card has worked in contactless mode multiple times. Perhaps it just takes a bit to activate that side of it the first time.. who knows.
The real test will be in a week or so when I go back to the gas station where I originally tried it and got the invalid card message.

scolbath Jan 30, 2020 7:26 am

I wonder if this means there is any hope of them supporting Google Pay for these cards :-(

bchandler02 Feb 14, 2020 7:28 pm

Update: The card now works in contactless mode at the gas station where I originally tried it. Looks like it may just take a bit to activate that side of it the first time. I haven't had it fail once yet, at places that accept contactless.

enviroian Feb 14, 2020 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by Herb687 (Post 32001745)
Why are you forcing me to have a ridiculously heavy unwanted metal card that is going to pose an issue at airport security

Been through the WTMD multiple times with the new card. Zero problems. Your concerns are unwarranted.

mvtm Feb 15, 2020 2:40 am

I have a Citi Prestige contactless and it has worked like a charm in Europe. The first transaction was the one that didn’t go through at a Starbucks. Turns out it was the terminal of that particular shop, i have used it a couple of time and it has worked fine at Spain. My contactless Amex is also works fine where it is accepted. I have to ask a contactless version of my AA Plat.. , but so far the contactless Prestige i have received in November works great.

dia1 Apr 28, 2020 1:01 pm

The new cards require one contact use before the contactless feature will work

Or so says the activation sticker on a replacement executive mastercard I received today that I had not requested. (My previous card was already contactless.)

dia1 Apr 28, 2020 1:06 pm

New card lacks the very useful virtual account number feature

I received a replacement Citi executive mastercard card today that I had not requested. The new card is in a different category (first 4 digits reveal this) and does not have the virtual account numbers feature. I called to ask/complain about this change and was told by a phone agent who spent some time researching the issue that all AA cards are being reissued and none will have that feature. This is very bad news! When I started using virtual numbers for my few recurring charges, I stopped having problems with my card being compromised.

enviroian Apr 28, 2020 1:21 pm

What do the first four digits mean? I agree I got my new card. I though all MC started 5466 but my new card’s first 4 aren’t this anymore.

I agree I don’t know why I got a replacement card as I didn’t ask for one either and already used it for Apple Pay. Pain in the arse now to change all my info.

Redhead Apr 28, 2020 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by Madison Guy (Post 31991720)
I've found US-issued contactless cards to RARELY work anywhere. Just my experience.

My CIti 2x Cash Mastercard works like a charm for contactless.