Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Seat Testing in DFW EOM Jan 2020 by invitation from Focus Pointe Global

Old Jan 24, 2020, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Five Star, Avis First

For your seat testing pleasure.... in DFW only....

Dear American Airlines Flyer,

We have an exciting opportunity for our DFW residents! American Airlines is conducting 1-hour seat testing sessions next week with a 15,000 AAdvantage mile incentive for your qualified participation.

Beginning Tuesday, January 28th and lasting through Friday, we will have several airline seats set up for a short, one-hour comparison study. We are working with Focus Pointe Global, an outside vendor who is helping us recruit for these 1-hour hour sessions in the DFW area.

If you receive a call or an e-mail from Focus Pointe asking you to participate in our study, please know that they are a partner of American Airlines. If you have any further questions regarding this offer, please contact Roxanne Xxxx at [email protected].

We’d love to see you next week, and hear your opinions of the seats!

Regards,
American Airlines Customer Research Department
arlflyer and Antarius like this.

Last edited by panjabi; Jan 24, 2020 at 11:11 am Reason: Formatting
Old Jan 24, 2020, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Cool.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 11:15 am
Original Poster

.. and here is the mail from Focus Point itself...

Dear Panjabi,

Focus Pointe Global, Dallas, is conducting a study about Travel and are looking for men and women 22-70 years of age that may want to participate.

The study will last approximately 1 hour and will take place Offsite in Dallas. In appreciation for your full qualification and participation you would receive 15,000 AAdvantage Miles.

Please know this is strictly for research purposes, this is a research study and that no sales or soliciting will result from your participating.

If you are interested in participating please answer our questions below and send them to:

[email protected] and [email protected]

Your Name:

Your Gender:

Your Age:

Best Number to reach you:

1. How many International trips (if needed: between the US and Europe, Asia or Deep South America) have you taken in the past 12 months in the Premium Economy or Coach cabin?

On American Airlines: ___________________

On another carrier _________

2. When, if ever, was the last time you participated in a consumer research discussion group?

[ ] Less than 6 months ago

[ ] 6 months to a year ago

[ ] More than a year ago

[ ] Never

Thank you for answering our questions. If it seems like you might qualify for this study, we will call you back and ask you the rest of the qualifying questions.

To learn more about Focus Pointe Global, please go to our website:

www.focuspointeglobal.com
www.focusgroup.com
JDiver likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 1:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Interesting they seem to be honing on Y and PE seats, presumably on long haul a/c. Could it be AA is finally taking the lead on improving the Y and PE International experience?
Old Jan 24, 2020, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
Interesting they seem to be honing on Y and PE seats, presumably on long haul a/c. Could it be AA is finally taking the lead on improving the Y and PE International experience?
the answer I think is no... but then again, as United or DL done anything to their seats...
Old Jan 24, 2020, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Dear All,

I have hidden the email IDs due to privacy reasons (as this is a public website and it gets crawled by the Search Engines). However, if the mods are willing, maybe the email IDs can be shared via PM. I certainly feel that many of the DFW based FT'ers are very qualified and will meet the criteria for Focus Pointe.

In any case, they certainly have the qualifying questions above and can choose to invite whomsoever fits their criteria.

Warm Regards,

Panjabi

HAT TIP to JDiver, who has consistently pushed for privacy on this Board and educated us on how inadvertent and innocent mistakes lead to a loss of privacy
Old Jan 24, 2020, 4:22 pm
J S

"We are interested to know whether you would be willing to learn new contortionist poses in order to fit into our new 24" pitch seats. This will also make it easier to fit into our new 12" wide lavatories. Of course, we remain proud of our outstanding inflight service."
AANYC1981 and donotblink like this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 11:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Will one hour provide enough information on how the seat will feel after 14 hours to Asia?
Old Jan 25, 2020, 12:13 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by cmglobal
Will one hour provide enough information on how the seat will feel after 14 hours to Asia?
I could probably tell you the economy seat is going to feel horrible after 14 hours to Asia, without even sitting in it for a second.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 1:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sassysan
I could probably tell you the economy seat is going to feel horrible after 14 hours to Asia, without even sitting in it for a second.
Good point!
Old Jan 25, 2020, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Will PDB’s be served?
Old Jan 26, 2020, 2:34 pm
CLT

Programs: AA EXP (Former US CP)
That's interesting.

I actually thought that the seat AA installed on the 77Ws is quite comfortable (even more so with that nice fabric design they had before they ripped them off and replaced them with pleather) sans for the width. When I first sat in one I was surprised at the amount of recline the seats featured.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CLT
That's interesting.

I actually thought that the seat AA installed on the 77Ws is quite comfortable (even more so with that nice fabric design they had before they ripped them off and replaced them with pleather) sans for the width. When I first sat in one I was surprised at the amount of recline the seats featured.
The 77W overall is the best plane in the fleet. The J seats are fantastic and the Y seats were pretty nice compared to the others. CX has the new version of the Zodiac Cirrus on their a350s and it continues to be my favorite J seat out there.

I did see an article on one of the blogs saying that AA will be picking a new seat for 2023 onwards. Interesting
Old Jan 26, 2020, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
Talking Nothing for Domestic?

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
Guess it will be the A321 w/ Duct tape holding the screen in place & a coffee crusted tray table (my last AA flight in Y) for the foreseeable future ??

The domestic birds have become downright beaters.
AANYC1981 and AeRoSpaceman like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.