Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

what happened to MIA>DFW evening flights spring 2020?

Old Jan 19, 20, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM

In late April, early May, the last bookable flight is 3:39PM. What happened to the evening flights?
Old Jan 20, 20, 2:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
I'm seeing 5:40pm, 6:50pm and 9:35pm on May 7. What I don't see is a 3:39pm...

On April 30, I do see the 3:39pm and none of the above but I see a 10:20pm.
Old Jan 20, 20, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Seems odd. I was originally on AA2524 May 2nd which departed at 6:50pm, AA sent an email notifying about the earlier flight time of 3:39pm, which does not work for me, do I have the option to rebook to the following day?
Old Jan 20, 20, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by tikchik View Post
Seems odd. I was originally on AA2524 May 2nd which departed at 6:50pm, AA sent an email notifying about the earlier flight time of 3:39pm, which does not work for me, do I have the option to rebook to the following day?

It's a Saturday and the airlines run reduced schedules on many routes due to limited business demand for Saturday travel. They generally have more frequencies on other days of the week (on some routes, it can be twice or more the number of Saturday frequencies). They may boost it during the summer when leisure travel demand peaks. I would suspect they would be willing to put you on a flight the following day, but they won't provide compensation for any expenses you incur if you choose to fly a day later.

Last edited by xliioper; Jan 20, 20 at 2:32 pm
Old Jan 20, 20, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

I cant find an evening flight between 4-10pm until May 7th.
Old Jan 20, 20, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by tikchik View Post
I cant find an evening flight between 4-10pm until May 7th.
4-10PM strictly speaking there are no flights, but there is a 10:20PM flight (AA775) on days other than Saturdays.
Old Jan 21, 20, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would think the schedule isn't firm yet. MIA is one of the few hubs that doesn't have a reduced Saturday schedule. Most of the SA flights take off between 9-11PM so not having flights between 4-10 from DFW seems illogical. Right now AA runs a 757 at 4:30PM DFW/MIA and a 772 40 minutes later to MIA. And even on a Saturday those flights are packed to the gills (and even as a PP increasingly difficult to upgrade).
Old Jan 21, 20, 10:45 am

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge View Post
I would think the schedule isn't firm yet. MIA is one of the few hubs that doesn't have a reduced Saturday schedule. Most of the SA flights take off between 9-11PM so not having flights between 4-10 from DFW seems illogical. Right now AA runs a 757 at 4:30PM DFW/MIA and a 772 40 minutes later to MIA. And even on a Saturday those flights are packed to the gills (and even as a PP increasingly difficult to upgrade).
But DFW>MIA is not the topic of this thread.
Old Jan 21, 20, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Herb687 View Post
But DFW>MIA is not the topic of this thread.
No but many of those flights are a turn from MIA. Not to mention again connections. That would require late afternoon connections to DFW to be waiting around for hours.
Old Jan 21, 20, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Maybe I can change MIA to FLL since there are more flights on that route?
Old Jan 22, 20, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Schedules are firmed at 90 days out. So, I would advise the OP to wait a couple of weekends (when schedule changes are normally run) before asking to change days and/or airports. A later MIA-DFW flight may be added. In a couple of weeks, I would call in and politely request a change to the next day and/or to FLL -- most agents will help facilitate a reasonable request.
tikchik likes this.
Old Jan 22, 20, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by formeraa View Post
Schedules are firmed at 90 days out. So, I would advise the OP to wait a couple of weekends (when schedule changes are normally run) before asking to change days and/or airports. A later MIA-DFW flight may be added. In a couple of weeks, I would call in and politely request a change to the next day and/or to FLL -- most agents will help facilitate a reasonable request.
I will go with this plan.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: