Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

EZE - MIA Flagship First - review, with issues with service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EZE - MIA Flagship First - review, with issues with service

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2020, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by mctaste
I agree they should have the other lane open, but I disagree with spreading your inconvenience to everyone who is already in line by cutting ahead.

The reason people book non economy seats, other than in flight comfort, is for all the other amenities like better service. If you don’t get what you pay for, that is indeed a problem.
How were they inconvenienced? At other locations, the First Class lines handles non FC people when there is nobody in that line. Then, they take the first class passengers when they arrive, forcing other passengers to wait. I don't see the difference.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 3:34 pm

Programs: WP
Originally Posted by gallen5555
Hello, I am flying EZE-MIA AA in business class in a few weeks. Is there a dedicated line for business class passengers at EZE or do i get in the general boarding line?
Yes, it is the same place. The agent at the podium will check your name against the list and direct you to the appropriate line.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
If no bags, just check in online or via the app, and go straight to security and immigration. The lounge can take care of document verification as needed.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by mvoight
How were they inconvenienced? At other locations, the First Class lines handles non FC people when there is nobody in that line. Then, they take the first class passengers when they arrive, forcing other passengers to wait. I don't see the difference.
That wasnt the case at *this* location. Here, people were waiting in line, someone else showed up and yelled until they got to cut to the front.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
That wasnt the case at *this* location. Here, people were waiting in line, someone else showed up and yelled until they got to cut to the front.
OP stated "No line at Flagship First check in desk but the lady wont let us through"
It sounded like nobody was waiting at the First Class check in, but the line monitor wanted people to stand behind the other people in the Priority line, rather than going to the First Class check in spot where there was no line. I don't travel first class internationally, but I have no problem with someone flying first class getting treated differently than passengers traveling in other classes.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 11:34 pm
Original Poster

Location: Miami Beach FL, Philadelphia PA, and Oxfordshire UK
Programs: BA Gold, AA Executive Platinum, PriorityPass, Global Entry, Marriott Platinum
For the record, I didn’t yell.
My initial post may not have been clear, so let me explain again. We arrived at check in, went to where the podium for OWE and Flagship First check in is, it was unmanned. No one there. And tense barriers right up to the check in desks. So we went to the lady manning the Priority lane, with 50+ people in it and said - we’re Flagship First, can we go through to the Flagship check in? The answer was a firm NO, go to the back of this line.
Again, I’ll make the point - AA markets this route as a Flagship First route, and with it comes certain perks for the stupid $$$ we pay for it, like dedicated check in.
I would never cut in front of anyone who is entitled to be in front of me in a line, but sorry, if you aren’t Emerald or Flagship First, on a flight marketed as such, then I’m entitled to go in front of you.

Again, what is your issue with this? I hear your original argument that we yelled or pushed our way through, but we did nothing of the sort. Very respectable, and just reminded the agent that Flagship First gets a separate check in. As per AA website.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 11:36 pm
Original Poster

Location: Miami Beach FL, Philadelphia PA, and Oxfordshire UK
Programs: BA Gold, AA Executive Platinum, PriorityPass, Global Entry, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mvoight
OP stated "No line at Flagship First check in desk but the lady wont let us through"
It sounded like nobody was waiting at the First Class check in, but the line monitor wanted people to stand behind the other people in the Priority line, rather than going to the First Class check in spot where there was no line. I don't travel first class internationally, but I have no problem with someone flying first class getting treated differently than passengers traveling in other classes.
Correct - thank you. I hopefully have clarified the situation with my post above. Cheers. Safe flying.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 5:24 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Jet Ranger
No, very much a one off. Fly Flagship F Miami to LHR often, and its nearly always great service etc.
I am also questioning if international F is actually worth it anymore - I really like the J product on AA on the 777 and 77W.
I will only fly F on AA if I can clear a SWU.. (and of course AA has an F product), otherwise the J cabin is great... F does not have the storage space I would like, unlike J , and
I dont really think the seat is really that much better.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 6:08 am

Programs: AA : EXP / AR : ORO
Always flying out of EZE, this post caught my eye.
Just a few comments from my end, as a regular user:
At Check-In, AA/EZE normally has 2 initial "status check" podiums (Priority and Main) before getting to the counters. If you approach the Priority podium (furthest to the left when you get into the airport), they will normally ask for your flight number and name, check on a printed list and show you to one of 2 lines: Platinum/Platinum Pro/Business to the right and Concierge Key/Executive Platinum/First Class to the left. These lines will take you to the check-in counters. There are normally 2 dedicated counters for CK/EXP/FC, and 4 for PLT/PPR/BIZ, although depending on the time of the day not all of them may be manned.
There is no dedicated/separated area for Flagship First Check In (as you can see in MIA/LAX/JFK/LHR/ORD). And this is the only (out of 4~5 daily AA flights) with Flaship First Service, which has been running on and off for the last 12~18 months.
Still lines are not very long and staff is quite good at processing passengers, so it shouldn't take long to get through this.
About the lounge, you are absolutely right. Over the last year or so it has become more and more populated, to the point where people end up going to Latam or Amex lounge. Both AA and IB share the lounge and have flights departing within a 3-hour period, which brings a lot of people into such small quarters. LATAM tends to be quieter and offer better sitting options, but it also depends on the time of the evening.
As for the service, with anything AA, it's a matter of luck (shouldn't be, we all want -and pay- for a consistent and excellent service, but you get what you get..). I've had some great crew on these flights (EZE/US) and some crancky folks that shouldn't be in front of a customer. Most of the times BUE-based crew are professional on how they carry around the flight but I've noticed pursers and FC FA to be "juniors" many times.
Regardless, they should check catering and beverages, and should be aware if all is set for their "shift", yet doesn't always happen like that. Most of the times they board the plane 10~15 mins before passengers and they are expecting to show up on the basis all is set and done accordingly for them to do their job.
Finally, personal appearance is quite controversial to discuss. I do share your opinion that many other airlineshave their crew really polished and looking sharp, but with AA is a very mixed bag, with probably "light" guidelines that leave too much room for personal interpretation. And this wil happen with any AA crew.. wherever they are based..
A bit off topic, but on one of my MIA/EZE flights last year they welcomed some new AA crew members. One of the ladies was working BIZ and I could hear when some senior FA said "relax.. you're not at EK anymore.. you don't need to be.. so.. 'dedicated'..".
Aside of this experience, I hope our OP had a great time in Argentina and will return soon.
Jet Ranger likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 12:11 pm
fomerly known as LandingGear (not Landing Gear)

Originally Posted by Jet Ranger
ties not done up, top shirt buttons undone. It just doesn’t scream - premium.
My experience with F has been mostly BA and AA just twice. Those were largely good. But I am seeing this more and more in J across international flights on UA. I am starting to believe that "we are here primarily for your safety" is now an excuse for not doing anything else. I do value safety. In that case they should add more staff who are there primarily to manage the experience. What's next? The crew will just stand all flight long outside the cockpit door because they are there primarily for that? What's going to happen to the rest?

The experience does matter. I can't bill for downtime. So, many of my J flights have a full day of work before and a full day upon landing. I count on a few things to go well in the journey as I have factored that into evaluating whether the fare is worth it.
Snuggs likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.