ORD / LHR Daytime Flight Cancelled?

Old Jan 10, 20, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT the rest, Kettle Power
ORD / LHR Daytime Flight Cancelled?

I tried looking back but couldn't find a thread on this - has this flight been cancelled? It used to be great, left at 9ish and arrived at 10ish. Sad if it's gone
Old Jan 10, 20, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TGGDEL View Post
I tried looking back but couldn't find a thread on this - has this flight been cancelled? It used to be great, left at 9ish and arrived at 10ish. Sad if it's gone
More information required. Are you not seeing it for sale on certain days/dates?

AA90 is certainly coming up in search results on the few random dates I just checked throughout the year.
Old Jan 10, 20, 7:47 pm

It's daily beginning Feb 5th. Google Flights currently not showing any gaps in service through end-of-schedule.
Old Jan 10, 20, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xliioper View Post
It's daily beginning Feb 5th. Google Flights currently not showing any gaps in service through end-of-schedule.
Sorry, I should have elaborated. Iím not seeing it for the remainder of this month. Any idea why itís not flying in Jan?
Old Jan 10, 20, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by TGGDEL View Post
Sorry, I should have elaborated. I’m not seeing it for the remainder of this month. Any idea why it’s not flying in Jan?
It's a very slow travel demand period. Suggests a limited seasonal suspension from Jan 9th - Feb 4th. Many airlines run reduced schedules around this time.

Last edited by xliioper; Jan 10, 20 at 8:24 pm
Old Jan 10, 20, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xliioper View Post
It's a very slow travel demand period. Suggests a limited seasonal suspension from Jan 9th - Feb 4th. Many airlines run reduced scheduled around this time.
Thank you very much for the explanation and patience! Shame, I was planning on flying it end of Jan,
I guess Iíll have to fly overnight J now...
Old Jan 12, 20, 3:57 am

I would love to see a 5 or 7 AM. Departure out of SFO or SJC to LHR or CDG. Anyways I'm up at 3 AM to go to JFK and I love staying up and getting to bed around 11 anyways vs the overnight morning arrival. One could then still conn ct to other destinations. If Asia has 1 AM departures you could do a 1 AM flight to Europe from the West Coast.
Markie and arollins like this.
Old Jan 12, 20, 7:14 am

Programs: AA/US - PlatinumPro; 1W Sapphire; HHonors - Silver; UA dirt
From SFO, its about a 10:30 flight, and about 8 hours time difference this time of year. A 7:00 am departure would land in LHR at 1:30 am. So, not only are no onward connections available for many hours, but you are also arriving at 1:00 am. By the time you're in a hotel, it would be closer to 3:00 am. My guess is the airlines have found this to be non-optimal and there probably isn't enough pure LHR-SFO traffic to warrant it.
Old Jan 12, 20, 2:34 pm

Programs: BA Silver/ows, CX AsiaMiles (not even GR anymore!) missing my GO days
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer View Post
From SFO, its about a 10:30 flight, and about 8 hours time difference this time of year. A 7:00 am departure would land in LHR at 1:30 am. So, not only are no onward connections available for many hours, but you are also arriving at 1:00 am. By the time you're in a hotel, it would be closer to 3:00 am. My guess is the airlines have found this to be non-optimal and there probably isn't enough pure LHR-SFO traffic to warrant it.
There's also the problem of tight restrictions on the number of takeoffs and landings at LHR overnight. There isn't a curfew but there is a quota and a flight would need to be particularly profitable for a carrier to use up part of the quota for it.
Old Jan 12, 20, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA/US - PlatinumPro; 1W Sapphire; HHonors - Silver; UA dirt
Yes, very true. The quota allocation is strict and is based on noise dB levels. I remember flying to LHR last year and with a significant tailwind, we had to circle so as to not land before 6:00 am.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: