Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Tampa Frequency cut in half (for TPA-MIA)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tampa Frequency cut in half (for TPA-MIA)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2020, 5:37 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dls25
Does anyone actually fly TPA-MIA as a local passenger? I would just drive the 4 hours, especially since you probably need a car in South Florida anyway.

Seems to me that AA made the logical decision to send domestic connections through other, cheaper hubs and reduce the TPA-MIA schedule to only serve connections to the Caribbean and Latin America. The is a great way to free up planes to serve the 737MAX routes.
Cruise ships out of MIA or FLL. I'm not going to drive and leave the car somewhere. Taking a bus is a royal pain with the positioning at both ends, and trying to make the even-less-frequent-than-air schedule work probably requires an overnight one way if not both.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.