Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA CK Gift Executive Platinum Status - sell? Gift? Possibilities?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA CK Gift Executive Platinum Status - sell? Gift? Possibilities?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2020, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by jtav559
OP said he has ability to gift EP status.

That's a mark above where I sit with just LT PLT.
I thought it had said PLT status. My error.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by chicago747
Just a warning. AA has been known to read these threads. I don't know if you screen name is your real name....but if it is then I would delete you post immediately. AA has shut down accounts for offering to sell miles/status/upgrades without a transaction actually happening. Just the intent is enough for them to toss you.
There is a big difference between coming on here and saying "I have gifted EXP status for sale for $2500" and just asking if it's legal or not. OP hasn't done anything that he needs to worry about yet.
JDiver likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by Guy Barnocky
I'm a Concierge Key with AA .
Not for long.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 10:50 am

I WAS Concierge Key with AA
Fixed it for you.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 10:58 am

Programs: Once a somebody now a nobody
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
There is a big difference between coming on here and saying "I have gifted EXP status for sale for $2500" and just asking if it's legal or not. OP hasn't done anything that he needs to worry about yet.
I agree that the two statements above are different. But I don't see where the OP asks if it's legal or not. He is asking if anyone else has done it. If I had CK I wouldn't leave his post the way it is. But my risk tolerance is lower than most.

Do I think AA will shut his account down due to this post if they see it....probably not. But with as aggressive as they've been with the churners the last few weeks I don't think I'd test them.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, United
I assumed selling was a no-no so thanks for confirming that. As several have advised, I will gift it to a co-worker. Thanks for the consistent feedback.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 1:28 pm

Programs: CK or bust
I assumed selling was a no-no so thanks for confirming that. As several have advised, I will gift it to a co-worker. Thanks for the consistent feedback.
Glad you received your answer -

And an unofficial welcome to FlyerTalk!
Old Jan 7, 2020, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Does gifted status come with SWUs? Even if a spouse/child doesn’t travel often, consider whether you could use those as a family.
enpremiere likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 1:52 pm

Ill take it, op.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 2:15 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by javabytes
Does gifted status come with SWUs? Even if a spouse/child doesn’t travel often, consider whether you could use those as a family.
It might be the perfect time to let the rest of the offspring know which is your favorite by awarding that child EP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.