Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA 772 row 17 bulkhead baby cot questions. (Newbie questions)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2020, 9:36 pm
Original Poster

Hi - Apologies if this is in the wrong director but I have two questions:

1) I am trying to determine where exactly are the bassinet mounts in 772 v4 in economy (specific flight is AA136 on Jan 31/2020). I called EXP desk as well as wrote to AA customer service and all they are saying is row 17. However it looks like the mounts may be just in front of the double seats (17A,17B and 17K, 17L) rather than the four in the middle. Also videos on in the internet suggest so as well but there is a weird windo w in the bulkhead into premium economy and when latched down may obscure it. Short of going to LAX and asking some gate agent I can’t get a straight answer from AA

2) with respect to the above flight seats (row 17 bulkhead - middle 4 seats) I am getting conflicting info re items/bags/baby stuff on the ground. Over the phone - AAdvantage desk is telling me that it needs to be clear during take off and landing but AA customer service wrote back saying nothing can be on the ground during the flight.

Thank you

Old Jan 7, 2020, 10:11 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I’m unsure what you mean by “772 v4”. There are two 772 versions, and the differences really only pertain to Business class - Zodiac or Super Diamond. As to the presence of bassinet / baby cot brackets, I’ll leave that up to those who know. (see following post)

There can certainly be nothing on the floor at exit rows on takeoff and landings, as is true for all seats if the items are not fully under seats. As to in the air, I’ve seen - and have myself used - carryon items as foot rests in 772 exit rows on long flights once fully airborne.
skylady likes this.

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 7, 2020 at 11:32 am Reason: Corrected to comply with tjcxx information
Old Jan 7, 2020, 10:47 am

Programs: OWS - AA Lifetime Platinum, BA nobody (blue)
Look at posts 18 and 22 in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...extra-mce.html

In short, according to reports, bassinets can be fixed at any of the Row 17 sections. Row 17 is not an exit row. It is a bulkhead row. Again according to reports, the bulkhead does not reach the floor. This gives more foot room.

Just as in any row, nothing may be on the floor for taxi, take-off and landing. Again according to reports, it is possible to push bags under the bulkhead and so under the seats of Row 15 PE. During the flight you may have bags and general stuff on the floor. These days it's not permitted for children to sleep on the floor.

The "weird window" is closed after take-off and opened again after landing. As such it would not interfere with a bassinet, which would be stowed while the window is open.
JDiver, Clive78 and skylady like this.

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 7, 2020 at 11:34 am Reason: Insert thread link
Old Jan 7, 2020, 10:43 pm
Original Poster

Thank you both for your helpful responses. Just with respect to keeping the floor clear during take offs and landings - does that apply to turbulences as well (ie seat belt on sign)?
Old Jan 7, 2020, 11:14 pm

yes, it does apply to any time the seat belt time is on, imagine if O2 is needed, it doesn't reach the floor
Old Jan 8, 2020, 8:01 am

Programs: OWS - AA Lifetime Platinum, BA nobody (blue)
Originally Posted by skylady
yes, it does apply to any time the seat belt time is on, imagine if O2 is needed, it doesn't reach the floor
I'm pretty sure that's not the case. The clear floor area is to expedite evacuation. I certainly have never seen crew having floor space cleared when seat belt sign comes on mid-flight.
Clive78 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.