Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ITT (in this thread) we only say good things about AA 👍

ITT (in this thread) we only say good things about AA 👍

Old Jan 8, 2020, 9:20 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
My most recent flight was AA1014 LAX-AUS on Jan 1.

The flight was on time. Full PDB was offered. I got my meal choice. My luggage arrived at the baggage claim.

So it was a good AA flight.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 8:21 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by Ten98
You guys are welcome to be skeptical or assume I'm a plant or whatever. I'm not. But in any case, I'm not sure how you'll benefit by throwing cold water on my story or experience. If it pains you so much to hear someone express gratitude, there are many, many other threads on FlyerTalk which avoid it entirely.
You mention being able to enjoy "Flagship First" in your original post. Do you mean the Flagship lounge, or were you flying Flagship First and able to take advantage of the private First class dining room in the Flagship Lounge? Or were you referring to being able to enjoy the perks of a PlatPro that gains admittance to the FL when flying in any class of service on AA to an international destination?
Old Jan 10, 2020, 6:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
My scheduled flight wound up departing 2:07 late. I was home before it even left RDU.

Cool story, but, yes, that's why the AC membership is worth it.
That's a great story! Similar circumstances have happened to me at Admirals Clubs, too. Definitely a valuable membership perk...
Old Jan 10, 2020, 8:39 am

Programs: AA EXP
AA and AS are the only two airlines that offer unlimited autorequested complimentary upgrades domestically for top tier elites, as far as I can tell. Everyone else makes you spend tokens for em.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by lizthegrey
AA and AS are the only two airlines that offer unlimited autorequested complimentary upgrades domestically for top tier elites, as far as I can tell. Everyone else makes you spend tokens for em.
Having just recently switched to AA from United as a 1K I can tell you this is not true. United provided unlimited auto upgrades.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 8:46 am

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
BACKGROUND:

After deciding to purchase an online web special domestic first class ticket just hours before the flight departed, the ticket showed pending, called in to 1800 and they called over to another desk and said they were told they can't push those through, but i should be fine at the airport.

At the airport the counter agent said it was my fault and that I shouldn't book tickets that late, and especially award tickets. She then said she was done talking to me and I should wait and if it never ticketed it was my own fault and she has others to take care of.

THE GOOD:

Upon my request a supervisor actually came!

The supervisor spent close to 2 hours on the phone with advantage and they got it ticketed!

I was too close to departure to check bags, get food or drinks, or do anything but race to the gate, but damn she was nice and persistent with whoever she spoke with and I got on the flight!

Thanks Supervisor Hero!

The counter agent
Old Jan 10, 2020, 8:46 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by lizthegrey
I believe DL has that feature too... but the chances of ever seeing F on DL is pretty much a mirage... my wife who whose to fly with the dark side, ( now with AA exp)has seen plenty of times, she was number 1 on the upgrade list,
only to see non rev's or GA pals get the seats...
Old Jan 10, 2020, 9:10 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by fotographer
I believe DL has that feature too... but the chances of ever seeing F on DL is pretty much a mirage... my wife who whose to fly with the dark side, ( now with AA exp)has seen plenty of times, she was number 1 on the upgrade list, only to see non rev's or GA pals get the seats...
I have indeed met the DL first class upgrade unicorn as a lowly Silver. Of course it was on the flight segment that's 45 minutes wheels up to wheels down so I'm not sure if it really counts.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 9:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
As UA refugee, I've been super pleasantly surprised with the quality of AA's phone agents. Maybe I'm just on a lucky streak, but they've all been exceptionally pleasant and competent. Much, much better than UA (where we learn to avoid calling if at all possible).
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Having just recently switched to AA from United as a 1K I can tell you this is not true. United provided unlimited auto upgrades.
The exception being domestic t-cons, where UA only upgrades with instruments. And then only rarely.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 10:20 am

Programs: AA ExePlat
Four for four upgrades so far this year!
fotographer likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 11:57 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
As a PRO I'm currently 3/4. On #4 , I was #12 on the list. No hope at all there.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 12:25 pm

Programs: AA ExePlat
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
As a PRO I'm currently 3/4. On #4 , I was #12 on the list. No hope at all there.
I have seen the list over 40 people on the AA Shuttle.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by jsieds
I have seen the list over 40 people on the AA Shuttle.
Oh yes, there have been some massive lists. My point (that I didn't make clear) is that as a PRO (versus plat), it would not have helped.
jsieds likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by PHL
You mention being able to enjoy "Flagship First" in your original post. Do you mean the Flagship lounge, or were you flying Flagship First and able to take advantage of the private First class dining room in the Flagship Lounge? Or were you referring to being able to enjoy the perks of a PlatPro that gains admittance to the FL when flying in any class of service on AA to an international destination?
Sorry for the confusion, just meant the Flagship lounge, during connections on int'l itineraries. Pretty cool to get handed a pass to bypass the "normal" Admirals Club. LOL! 🤣

(with that said, the Pier at HKG might be the ultimate -- and another perk I would not have been able to enjoy without PlatPro status)
Old Jan 10, 2020, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Kacee
As UA refugee, I've been super pleasantly surprised with the quality of AA's phone agents. Maybe I'm just on a lucky streak, but they've all been exceptionally pleasant and competent. Much, much better than UA (where we learn to avoid calling if at all possible).

The exception being domestic t-cons, where UA only upgrades with instruments. And then only rarely.
mmm. yeah, I tend to have pretty good luck even as a person who barely scrapes by the EXP spending threshold at getting consistently upgraded without spending instruments, on transcons.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.