Old Jul 29, 2023, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ZenFlyer
As summarized in this Citi/AA press release, the benefits associated with this card changed on July 23, 2023. The new terms and conditions (T&Cs) can be found here.

10k Loyalty Point Bonuses
Reports on this thread to date suggest this benefit is being implemented in the following manner:
  • You are entitled to a 10k bonus if you surpass the 50k and/or 90k LP threshold by any means -- i.e. this is not limited to LPs earned by spend on your credit card. (For the current status year, it is still possible to earn a 10k bonus based on credit card spend -- see T&Cs for details.)
  • You must meet, or have met, these thresholds sometime during the current status year. It does not matter if you were a cardholder at the time you crossed the threshold.
  • Citi has not published any official information about when such 10k bonuses will post to your AA account
  • Experience to date suggests that once cardholders have crossed the 50k or 90k LP threshold, posting of the bonus is triggered by either (a) the closing of your current statement, or (b) a flight or other LP-earning activity (e.g. shopping portal).
  • In the case of (b) above, some bonuses are not posting correctly, and others have posted as being earned, but the points have not been added to people's balances.
  • UPDATE: Many 10k bonuses posted beginning 7/31/23 without flight or other activity, and multiple users have reported corrections to their LP balances.
Print Wikipost

Citi AAdvantage Executive Card questions

Old Jan 13, 2024, 4:58 pm

And any limit to the total number of bookings on the hotel site I can make? LPs capped?

what a great earning method…
Old Jan 13, 2024, 5:09 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ZenFlyer
In the AA lexicon, the term "base miles" means they count as both LPs and RDMs. If you see the term "bonus miles" that (usually) means they will just count as RDMs only. Note that AA uses sometimes uses these terms in inconsistent and confusing ways, e.g. as when they offer you an "LP bonus".
As an example of this, folks who have passed 60K LP get 20% bonus LP on top of what is in the listing. Passing 100K LP gets 30% bonus. This is LP only and not miles. So, yeah, overloaded use of the term “bonus.”

Cheers.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 7:20 pm

Holders of the card before the change in terms in July, 2023... Im wondering what you got charged for an annual fee on renewal?
Holders with AU's, how about you, did you get charged for your AU's on renewal?
Old Jan 15, 2024, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by kimbray
All, I had some flights to purchase in November and had the promo added via AA.com site. Has anyone done the same and has the additional miles hit your account yet? T&Cs stated that they would be added by the end of December. The T&Cs were not 100% clear but I beleive you just had to buy tickets and have paid for them by a specific date and not flown by a specific date... Thanks!
I'm still waiting on the extra Loyalty Point bonus for buying miles from AA in November. How about others?
Old Jan 15, 2024, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by EZTraveler
Holders of the card before the change in terms in July, 2023... Im wondering what you got charged for an annual fee on renewal?
Holders with AU's, how about you, did you get charged for your AU's on renewal?
opened Dec 2022. Annual fee Dec 2023 charged $450.00. I have 3 AUs
Old Jan 16, 2024, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07
opened Dec 2022. Annual fee Dec 2023 charged $450.00. I have 3 AUs
thanks for the DP. Mine also did not go up and though only 1 AU, no additional AU fee. I didn’t think we were going to keep the old price at renewal. Any idea how long we will be grandfathered?
Old Jan 16, 2024, 11:10 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by EZTraveler
thanks for the DP. Mine also did not go up and though only 1 AU, no additional AU fee. I didn’t think we were going to keep the old price at renewal. Any idea how long we will be grandfathered?
Until your annual fee is due to post, at which point you'll have 37 days to remove the AU for a refund (if you wish).
EZTraveler likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2024, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by AAway
Until your annual fee is due to post, at which point you'll have 37 days to remove the AU for a refund (if you wish).
So my Annual Fee posted last month and surprisingly was the lower/better terms 450 AF / 0 AU. That is why I was asking what others are charged. When was your renewal??

UGHH, Just saw you said it was also last month. So December 2024 the party is over.... Got it!
AAway and Soccerjoshj07 like this.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 1:33 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Does AU spening count towards Loyalty Ponts for Primary Card Holder?

As stated in Title, does AU spend credit the Primary cardholder with AA Loyalty points?

Thanks...
Old Jan 17, 2024, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
As stated in Title, does AU spend credit the Primary cardholder with AA Loyalty points?

Thanks...
yes
teemuflyer likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by silentbob1974
I'm still waiting on the extra Loyalty Point bonus for buying miles from AA in November. How about others?
Update: Bonus miles and Loyalty Points posted now.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 9:38 am

I have been using the GrubHub credit Citi $10 credit successfully every month and am traveling now. The GrubHub website shows that one can purchase a digital gift card from GrubHub. Would this activate the $10 credit?
Old Jan 19, 2024, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by kimbray
I got the same, The CARD PURCHASES for December just hit my card so I went back to Nov and see the CARD PURCHASES AND I see the BONUS for AA PURCHASES, but do NOT see the loyality points.

Per the promotion, it stated Earn 1 additional AAdvantage mile AND Loyalty Point per $1 spent.

Once registered, use your AAdvantage credit card for eligible select American Airlines purchases between Nov. 1 and 30. This way, you'll earn 1 extra mile and Loyalty Point per dollar spent. These purchases must be posted to your billing statement by Nov. 30 to receive the bonus from this offer. You'll receive bonus rewards from this offer in your AAdvantage account by Dec. 31.

I am waiting to open a case with AA/Citi on this till after 12/31 because it states that the bonus will show up by this date.

Does anyone know WHO I open the case with? I assume it is AA as it was their promo.

Thanks!
My loyalty points from the promotion posted earlier this week.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 10:21 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Did anyone do the online upgrade offer from the Aadvantage Platinum card to the Executive card? How long did that take to process? (Wondering about when to do it before an upcoming trip.)
Old Jan 20, 2024, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
I had an Avis rental end on December 8th. My statement closes on the 7th each month, so the next closing statement will be January 7th 2024. I assume the $120 statement credit that will appear around that time will count against 2023 and when I rent another car from Avis in 2024 I will get another $120 credit, right?
I was in the same situation: rental on 12/21/23 and statement just closed 1/19/24. The $120 Avis credit was on my statement, dated with the closing date. I called Citi and asked whether the credit applied to 2023 or 2024, and after a lengthy hold, she confirmed the credit applied to 2023.
ZenFlyer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.