Old Jul 29, 2023, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
As summarized in this Citi/AA press release, the benefits associated with this card changed on July 23, 2023. The new terms and conditions (T&Cs) can be found here.

10k Loyalty Point Bonuses
Reports on this thread to date suggest this benefit is being implemented in the following manner:
  • You are entitled to a 10k bonus if you surpass the 50k and/or 90k LP threshold by any means -- i.e. this is not limited to LPs earned by spend on your credit card. (For the current status year, it is still possible to earn a 10k bonus based on credit card spend -- see T&Cs for details.)
  • You must meet, or have met, these thresholds sometime during the current status year. It does not matter if you were a cardholder at the time you crossed the threshold.
  • Citi has not published any official information about when such 10k bonuses will post to your AA account
  • Experience to date suggests that once cardholders have crossed the 50k or 90k LP threshold, posting of the bonus is triggered by either (a) the closing of your current statement, or (b) a flight or other LP-earning activity (e.g. shopping portal).
  • In the case of (b) above, some bonuses are not posting correctly, and others have posted as being earned, but the points have not been added to people's balances.
  • UPDATE: Many 10k bonuses posted beginning 7/31/23 without flight or other activity, and multiple users have reported corrections to their LP balances
Avis/Budget, Grubhub credits
  • these typically post to your account when your statement closes
Lyft credits
  • per the T&C, "An “Eligible Ride” is any Lyft ride type, excluding business rides and bicycle and scooter rental rides."
  • credits are applied to your Lyft account, not your Citi account
Print Wikipost

Citi AAdvantage Executive Card questions

Old Dec 23, 2023, 5:14 pm
  #736  
 
Join Date: May 2023
Location: FL, USA
Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 114
Originally Posted by yerffej201
Does anyone know a good way to use the $10 grubhub credit if they don't use grubhub?
Order pick-up one day a month to pay for lunch. I find a spot near work.

Delivery fees are often horrible. Pick-up isn’t as bad.

Add to someone else’s grubhub too.
LovePrunes and Soccerjoshj07 like this.
Trouvaille is offline  
Old Dec 24, 2023, 7:23 am
  #737  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 14
Question: I currently have the Platinum Select card and considering doing a PC to the Exec card. I know a PC won’t get me a sign up bonus, but will the AF I paid on the Plat card be prorated towards the Exec card AF?
rdc17 is offline  
Old Dec 24, 2023, 8:17 am
  #738  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: RDU
Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Posts: 2,705
Originally Posted by rdc17
Question: I currently have the Platinum Select card and considering doing a PC to the Exec card. I know a PC won’t get me a sign up bonus, but will the AF I paid on the Plat card be prorated towards the Exec card AF?
I did this PC in September. The October statement included a pro-rated refund on the Plat Select AF which posted in mid-August. I have not yet been billed for the Exec AF.
fliesdelta is offline  
Old Dec 25, 2023, 7:38 am
  #739  
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PDX
Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Posts: 2,565
Wife and son are flying on the same PNR AA metal. She is an AU (I am primary) but she left her card at home, does not have it.

Do wife and son get free bag each? believe answer is yes, as it is tied to AAdvantage number, but would like to confirm.

I believe there is no way to access the lounge, however, without the physical card?
psychtobe is offline  
Old Dec 25, 2023, 7:53 am
  #740  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 178
Originally Posted by psychtobe
Wife and son are flying on the same PNR AA metal. She is an AU (I am primary) but she left her card at home, does not have it.

Do wife and son get free bag each? believe answer is yes, as it is tied to AAdvantage number, but would like to confirm.

I believe there is no way to access the lounge, however, without the physical card?
Believe answer to luggage is yes, but others more expert can chime in.

Entering the lounge, just scan the boarding passes; that should work. I haven't had to show card itself.
yakel is online now  
Old Dec 25, 2023, 8:01 am
  #741  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: L. A./ N. Y.
Programs: Exec Plat; 2.7 m miles
Posts: 51
My wife is an AU on my card. At LAX club in terminal 5 she had to show her card, ID and boarding pass to gain entry.
JohnVernon is offline  
Old Dec 25, 2023, 8:09 am
  #742  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: PHL
Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 619
Originally Posted by JohnVernon
My wife is an AU on my card. At LAX club in terminal 5 she had to show her card, ID and boarding pass to gain entry.
My AU had same experience last week in TPA & PHL. CC, Boarding pass and ID.
Dad to Rei is online now  
Old Dec 25, 2023, 10:43 am
  #743  
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: LAX
Programs: oneword Emerald
Posts: 21,128
Originally Posted by yakel
Entering the lounge, just scan the boarding passes; that should work. I haven't had to show card itself.
That works only for the primary member. Authorized users must present the physical Citi AAdvantage Executive Card in order to be admitted to the Admirals Club.
AAway and catmndu like this.
TWA884 is offline  
Old Dec 25, 2023, 10:54 am
  #744  
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PDX
Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Posts: 2,565
Originally Posted by TWA884
That works only for the primary member. Authorized users must present the physical Citi AAdvantage Executive Card in order to be admitted to the Admirals Club.
yes i was pretty sure of that because i overheard an indignant AU pax arguing with the AC agent in ORD last week.

Anyone know on the luggage?
psychtobe is offline  
Old Dec 25, 2023, 10:56 am
  #745  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: RDU
Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Posts: 2,705
Originally Posted by psychtobe
Wife and son are flying on the same PNR AA metal. She is an AU (I am primary) but she left her card at home, does not have it.

Do wife and son get free bag each?
Are they flying with you? If not, they won't get a free bag. The benefit is for the primary cardholder and companions.
psychtobe, AAway, catmndu and 1 others like this.
fliesdelta is offline  
Old Dec 25, 2023, 11:12 am
  #746  
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PDX
Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Posts: 2,565
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
Are they flying with you? If not, they won't get a free bag. The benefit is for the primary cardholder and companions.
ah, ok. thank you
psychtobe is offline  
Old Dec 25, 2023, 12:40 pm
  #747  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vail, CO
Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
Posts: 630
I am an AU and always have to present my card as well
uscjeff is offline  
Old Dec 27, 2023, 7:48 am
  #748  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 177
Originally Posted by bosshawk
I just had the miles post today, but not the loyalty points. I specifically used the promo because it stated that it would be 2x loyalty points, not just miles. I read the T&Cs many times and never saw anything about when the flights actually had to be flown.
I got the same, The CARD PURCHASES for December just hit my card so I went back to Nov and see the CARD PURCHASES AND I see the BONUS for AA PURCHASES, but do NOT see the loyality points.

Per the promotion, it stated Earn 1 additional AAdvantage mile AND Loyalty Point per $1 spent.

Once registered, use your AAdvantage credit card for eligible select American Airlines purchases between Nov. 1 and 30. This way, you'll earn 1 extra mile and Loyalty Point per dollar spent. These purchases must be posted to your billing statement by Nov. 30 to receive the bonus from this offer. You'll receive bonus rewards from this offer in your AAdvantage account by Dec. 31.

I am waiting to open a case with AA/Citi on this till after 12/31 because it states that the bonus will show up by this date.

Does anyone know WHO I open the case with? I assume it is AA as it was their promo.


Thanks!
kimbray is offline  
Old Dec 27, 2023, 1:24 pm
  #749  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 14
Thank you. I made the change today.

Do you know if the Exec bonus earn categories kick in for purchases made using the Plat card while waiting for the new card to be delivered?
rdc17 is offline  
Old Dec 29, 2023, 4:24 pm
  #750  
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Palm Beach/ New England
Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
Posts: 4,393
Originally Posted by kimbray
I got the same, The CARD PURCHASES for December just hit my card so I went back to Nov and see the CARD PURCHASES AND I see the BONUS for AA PURCHASES, but do NOT see the loyality points.

Per the promotion, it stated Earn 1 additional AAdvantage mile AND Loyalty Point per $1 spent.

Once registered, use your AAdvantage credit card for eligible select American Airlines purchases between Nov. 1 and 30. This way, you'll earn 1 extra mile and Loyalty Point per dollar spent. These purchases must be posted to your billing statement by Nov. 30 to receive the bonus from this offer. You'll receive bonus rewards from this offer in your AAdvantage account by Dec. 31.

I am waiting to open a case with AA/Citi on this till after 12/31 because it states that the bonus will show up by this date.

Does anyone know WHO I open the case with? I assume it is AA as it was their promo.


Thanks!
Two days to go!

Still zero Loyalty Points here -- expecting 20k for my own card for AA purchases.
Soccerjoshj07 likes this.
fastflyer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.