Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flights with Confirmable SWUs at Booking

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2020, 1:09 pm

You can book MIA to BSB (Brasilia) a long way out, but it is a 757. These less desirable aircraft are usually easy to get a SWU.
sdsearch likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by chris8796
These less desirable aircraft
Old Jan 3, 2020, 4:30 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
How many people get free swu via Hyatt?
Old Jan 3, 2020, 5:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP
A few days ago I bookedLAX-HKG for February with swu immediately available. I used experflyer to check. Also did the same back in November.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by yerffej201
Recently I became EXP again and it seems that C space for upgrades with SWUs are a lot tighter than before. What international long-haul routes (any date and any route) have you seen confirmable upgrade space on recently? Ideally mid-February, early May, late June, or late August, but I'm extremely flexible as the upgrades expire next year; I just want to book something now and be done with it. Thanks!
I'm seeing JFK-MAD and JFK-BCN on several dates in January and February with C space; frequently C7
Old Jan 5, 2020, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH DIA, Hyatt DIA
Also from my experience, day of week has a large effect on finding confirmable availability. (e.g. Thurs/Fri nights to Europe are much harder than earlier in the week).

In addition to ExpertFlyer, I find logging into my account and just searching on aa.com to be good enough for SWU space if you have a reasonably small constraint for dates/locations.
sdsearch likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 8:22 am

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
LHR tends to be ( surprisingly) a bright stop for C availability IME. I don't remember the last time I couldn't find C on at least one LHR flight from one hub (the morning ORD flight is a good one to check). JFK also tends to have a fair amount of space.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by SamOF
LHR tends to be ( surprisingly) a bright stop for C availability IME. I don't remember the last time I couldn't find C on at least one LHR flight from one hub (the morning ORD flight is a good one to check). JFK also tends to have a fair amount of space.
Agree. The least amount of availability appears to be lax and dfw, with the early morning ORD and JFK flights available. I see C space on the new BOS route too.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by enviroian
Agree. The least amount of availability appears to be lax and dfw, with the early morning ORD and JFK flights available. I see C space on the new BOS route too.
I found days in Feb/March with loads of C space on DFW-LHR. Did not check LAX

Anecdotal evidence here, obviously, but it does seem like there is more C space than there has been in the last 2-3 years.^
Old Jan 8, 2020, 2:32 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by pbd456
How many people get free swu via Hyatt?
I did. And I just used two of them. Decided with the free status and SWUs to go to a conference in Singapore this Sept that I was eyeing anyways but was relunctant to go due to the trip length and timing, but was surprised to find instantly upgradable (after calling in anyways) Y-J upgrades for my outbound on my day of choice, and on the return if I stayed a couple extra days. (upgrades are on DFW-HND and HND-DFW legs on 77Ws).

Maybe I got lucky, but this was way easier to get value out of compared to finding domestic coach award tickets worth more than a cent per mile.
aztimm likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 5:07 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Gold, US Airways silver
Just got one (!) on AA 195 (LHR - PHX) for 4/22. Wait listed for AA 194 on 4/19.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 11:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Just snagged full ride from SFO-HKG in J for sub-$700. Will be there for Chinese NY weekend infact. Hell Yea!!

Few more C fares available Jan 21st & 22nd with returns on 27th and 28th.

Was just about to offer my last two expiring SWUs too. Then work chimed my late this afternoon with instructions to get to HKG before the end of the month!! Nailed it!!
ZBigFam likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.