Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)

[Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)

Old Feb 2, 2015, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by Putt86
I called EXP desk and nicely request AA to add CMB-AUH leg to go with my award flight (AUH-SYD on EY F class). Sound like I didn't break any AA rule, yet agent insist that I have to add 30,000 points. Should i do HUCA drill, or try to find qatar flight to AUH from CMB? Thanks!
Asking nicely doesn't change the fact that CMB is in AA's Asia 2 zone, and AUH is in the Middle East/India zone.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 8:59 pm

Programs: free agent
yeah, would Qatar works? If nothing works, then i'll just fork one-way ticket... thankfully CMB is a bargain to start with
Old Feb 6, 2015, 4:42 pm

Can you change a segment of an award once travel has commenced (e.g. you're flying A-B-C, you flew A-B, then decide to change B-C to a earlier/later flight)?

How close in to departure can you book a partner award (e.g. < 24 hrs)?
Old Feb 6, 2015, 5:23 pm

Programs: Qantas Plat
I've been monitoring flights AUH into Australia (SYD, MEL and BNE) for December ready for January bookings to open up. Yesterday there was availability into each of those cities for the month of December - pretty much every day. Now when I search, I can't see any availability into any city, for December, and then tried using a random month (August?) and still no availability.

Anyone think the removal of charges to the call centre has meant that flights originating from non US cities can no longer be booked online?

Help please?
Old Feb 6, 2015, 5:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by pushka
I've been monitoring flights AUH into Australia (SYD, MEL and BNE) for December ready for January bookings to open up. Yesterday there was availability into each of those cities for the month of December - pretty much every day. Now when I search, I can't see any availability into any city, for December, and then tried using a random month (August?) and still no availability.

Anyone think the removal of charges to the call centre has meant that flights originating from non US cities can no longer be booked online?

Help please?
Confusing on this side as well! Those awards: "AUH into Australia (SYD, MEL and BNE)" cannot be booked online.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 5:35 pm

Programs: Qantas Plat
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Confusing on this side as well! Those awards: "AUH into Australia (SYD, MEL and BNE)" cannot be booked online.
They could yesterday using Qantas!

Doh, That was meant to be Dubai!

I'm confusing myself. I'm trying to get either Etihad (using guest website) AUH - Australia, or DXB to Australia. Such a newbie doofus!

But you actually answered my question! Thankyou!
Old Feb 10, 2015, 11:43 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Hi guys,

I have currently have LAX-NRT-CGK in F on JL. I'm trying to catch a flight with my buddy, but he's leaving from ORD. Would LAX-ORD-NRT-CGK be permitted? I'm pretty sure it'll be pretty close or past the MPM for those two city pairs. Anyone?
Old Feb 11, 2015, 2:16 am

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by exmike
I have currently have LAX-NRT-CGK in F on JL. I'm trying to catch a flight with my buddy, but he's leaving from ORD. Would LAX-ORD-NRT-CGK be permitted? I'm pretty sure it'll be pretty close or past the MPM for those two city pairs. Anyone?
Call AA and ask. If refused due to MPM, ask your friend to try ORD-LAX-NRT-CGK, which will be permitted for sure.

Last edited by aktchi; Feb 11, 2015 at 2:22 am
Old Feb 12, 2015, 10:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1k, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, X Elite+
QQ -- looking to book a ORD-FCO via AA or BA. Right now they're trying to route the flight on the return FCO-LGW+LHR-ORD. I see full availability when i look FCO-LHR, so what's to stop me from requesting a different FCO-London connection to avoid transiting airports? Does the exact award pairing have to be available for me to do it for the lower amount of avios/aa miles?

Last edited by Kreative03; Feb 12, 2015 at 2:47 pm
Old Feb 12, 2015, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by xiKiNGix
Can you change a segment of an award once travel has commenced (e.g. you're flying A-B-C, you flew A-B, then decide to change B-C to a earlier/later flight)?

How close in to departure can you book a partner award (e.g. < 24 hrs)?
Anyone?
Old Feb 22, 2015, 12:06 pm

Hi everyone,

My girlfriend and I are looking to book award flights to Indonesia next summer, and I'm trying to get everything figured out well in advance. Setting aside for the moment our return flight from Jakarta, our ideal outbound route is from JFK to DPS on CX, flying F where possible (less of a priority on the shorter HKG to DPS leg). 2 questions for the group:

I know that additional first class seats often open up as the travel date gets closer, and the FT-approved method seems to be locking in 1 J seat and 1 F at t-minus 331 and then monitoring chances to upgrade using expertflyer. That said, it would mean a lot for us to fly outbound in the same cabin, and I am seeing occasionally 2 F seats open for ORD--HKG where NY only ever gets 1. We could potentially save ourselves 11 months of background stress if we just fly AA from NYC to ORD before taking ORD to HKG. Does this cost us each an additional one way domestic award because cathay doesn't normally route NYC-ORD--HKG ?

Assuming one way or the other we arrive in HKG, and our CX flight arrives late enough, would we then also have no repercussions or penalties taking a sub-24 hour layover between our arrival and their daily 10am direct flight from HKG-DPS?

I have some additional miles I can burn but it would be annoying to run afoul of the constructed fare rule here.

Thanks!
Old Feb 22, 2015, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by Austinrunner
Don't hold your breath. This issue has been discussed to death. No question that AA is aware of it.

You forgot about Etihad. Other airlines involved in this issue for connections to Africa include El Al and Gulf Air.
Cool to know
Old Feb 24, 2015, 6:43 pm

Bkk-Kul-Hkg-Lax Award allowed?

No Seats available on CX out of Bkk due to Chinese New Year. Can I route a oneway AA F award via Kul to Hkg then onwards? Technically I'd be backtracking slightly-anyone done this before? Thanks.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 7:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by riced
No Seats available on CX out of Bkk due to Chinese New Year. Can I route a oneway AA F award via Kul to Hkg then onwards? Technically I'd be backtracking slightly-anyone done this before? Thanks.
Definitely worth asking.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold
Originally Posted by riced
Yup, i've done it before, I've done, LAX-HKG-KUL-RGN. It's all in the same region (asia 2) - I dont think the agents care ( or know the geography) to figure out if you're semi-back tracking.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.