Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2018, 8:40 am

Fair enough, and thank you for the quick response. Interesting the AAgent didn’t pick up on that, but always good to learn something new.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 9:36 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, CX Green
I think there is a minor correction in the booking class table. CX Economy award code should be X, T is for premium Economy
Old Dec 6, 2018, 9:30 am

I'm confused if SFO-LAX-DOH-AMM on Qatar is permitted or not. This exceeds the MPM, but seems like a reasonable request. Any insights? Thanks.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by hamburglar
I'm confused if SFO-LAX-DOH-AMM on Qatar is permitted or not. This exceeds the MPM, but seems like a reasonable request. Any insights? Thanks.
Forget about MPM, SFO-LAX-DOH-AMM is a valid routing for SFO-AMM so it should be no problem, have you checked aa.com?
Old Dec 6, 2018, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Forget about MPM, SFO-LAX-DOH-AMM is a valid routing for SFO-AMM so it should be no problem, have you checked aa.com?
That's so obvious that I didn't check it. It does work and thank you.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 4:43 pm

Is ATL-DOH-BLR-IXE or ATL-DOH-BOM-IXE valid as a single award flying QR/AA and connecting on 9W?
Old Dec 27, 2018, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP
What is the deadline for booking a partner award flight? For example, can I book an AA award on MH metal 8-12 hours in advance of departure? Assuming availability exists of course.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is it generally true that if a routing won't pop up in the online search results (despite all the airlines being searchable online) then an agent won't be able to book it?

I'm trying to book SFO-MLA. On July 4 there is saver business space on SFO-JFK-LHR, all on AA metal (AA 276 redeye on 7/4; AA 142 on 7/5, landing in LHR at 10:10 pm). This seems like the perfect thing to connect to BA 2646 (LGW-MLA) at 5:40pm on 7/6.

However, when I search SFO-MLA online, it only offers me AA276 connecting to BA 2272 (JFK-LGW landing at 10am on 7/6) to BA 2646 leaving at 5:40pm

I don't like this routing for a few reasons. First, I don't want to take BA for the TATL flight due to their ridiculous fuel surcharges. Also, I'd much rather have a 4 hr connection in JFK followed by an overnight in London rather than a non-overnight 15hr connection in New York followed by a 7hr connection in LHR.

Is there some married segment logic preventing me from booking this? Or something else? The routing seems to meet all the rules. I don't really understand how married segment logic affects connections between different airlines.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Is it generally true that if a routing won't pop up in the online search results (despite all the airlines being searchable online) then an agent won't be able to book it?

I'm trying to book SFO-MLA. On July 4 there is saver business space on SFO-JFK-LHR, all on AA metal (AA 276 redeye on 7/4; AA 142 on 7/5, landing in LHR at 10:10 pm). This seems like the perfect thing to connect to BA 2646 (LGW-MLA) at 5:40pm on 7/6.

However, when I search SFO-MLA online, it only offers me AA276 connecting to BA 2272 (JFK-LGW landing at 10am on 7/6) to BA 2646 leaving at 5:40pm

I don't like this routing for a few reasons. First, I don't want to take BA for the TATL flight due to their ridiculous fuel surcharges. Also, I'd much rather have a 4 hr connection in JFK followed by an overnight in London rather than a non-overnight 15hr connection in New York followed by a 7hr connection in LHR.

Is there some married segment logic preventing me from booking this? Or something else? The routing seems to meet all the rules. I don't really understand how married segment logic affects connections between different airlines.
No, aa.com will certainly not show you all available routings, especially when the ones you want start to involve 3+ connections and/or longer connecting times than others. Just put the SFO-JFK-LHR on hold at aa.com, then call AA to add the LGW-MLA segment onto your existing award.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 1:24 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
No, aa.com will certainly not show you all available routings, especially when the ones you want start to involve 3+ connections and/or longer connecting times than others. Just put the SFO-JFK-LHR on hold at aa.com, then call AA to add the LGW-MLA segment onto your existing award.
Yes, AA very likely will not show all available routings, and I hope that putting an itinerary on hold online and then calling in to add segments still works.

That said, AA now limits international awards to 4 segments (i.e., 3 connections). Also, per some recent posts in the following thread, it seems there are new restrictions on AA agents searching and booking by segment.
HELP DESK: MileSAAver / SAAver award questions, assistance
Old Dec 29, 2018, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
No. Use the multi-city award-booking engine to hold SFO-LHR (via JFK), and LGW-MLA. Then call AA, and have the agent reprice the itinerary as a single award. You don't want to risk losing the LGW-MLA award availability.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks everyone; this is really useful information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.