Wiki Posts
Search

Best Admirals Club CLT, PHL, ORD, DFW?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2020, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Enterprise PLT, Marriott Gold
Best Admirals Club CLT, PHL, ORD, DFW?

I need to book a ticket to LHR for next month. I will likely be landing at either of these airports and having about 5-6 hrs to kill. Which has the best Admirals Club?
In what order would you rank them?
Old Jan 1, 2020, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by SpinOn2
I need to book a ticket to LHR for next month. I will likely be landing at either of these airports and having about 5-6 hrs to kill. Which has the best Admirals Club?
In what order would you rank them?
Where are you coming from? Definitely ORD or DFW.

CLT is crap, and the big club at PHL is closed for renovations.
jmj9905 likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 9:41 am

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
I have enjoyed the spacious and quiet PHL Admirals Club. I can compare it to ORD. I don't remember the DFW. I have not been to CLT.

When comparing PHL to ORD , ORD has more non-Lounge options than PHL.

Of related note, many US travelers prefer Southern airports during the winter on the belief that there are fewer weather related delays.

I hope you enjoy your travels.

Last edited by PaperGlider; Jan 1, 2020 at 9:52 am
Old Jan 1, 2020, 9:45 am

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
...the big club at PHL is closed for renovations.
Oh thanks! That is a surprise, it seemed to be in relatively good condition in November. I'll need to see when that reopens.

Edit to add that the AA website shows 4 PHL lounges. 1 of which is closed. It appears that the big space in
Terminal A is going to be used for a Flagship lounge. https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...s/phl-club.jsp

Last edited by PaperGlider; Jan 1, 2020 at 4:01 pm Reason: added link to aa. Corrected to PHL has 4 lounges. Thanks Segments!
Old Jan 1, 2020, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Enterprise PLT, Marriott Gold
From Ohio.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 9:54 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
DFW, ORD and a distant PHL and CLT. Also DFW and ORD have showers.
cmd320 and jmj9905 like this.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 10:55 am

Also DFW and ORD have the flagship lounge options too.
Antarius likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 11:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'd avoid ORD if the LHR flight is going to land at the international terminal. The little tram connecting it to T1/T2/T3 is still not operating AFAIK and the shuttle buses combined with airport/road construction have made a big mess.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Overall I'd pick DFW. You have a choice of four Admirals Clubs. As noted above, there are showers available and there is a Flagship Lounge, if you are traveling in business class. Plus I prefer the longer DFW-LHR flights but I am usually traveling in J.

I would rank CLT dead last. The clubs are always very crowded. ORD and PHL are dicier options in the winter, but a 5-6 hour layover is a good hedge against delays.

If you're traveling in Y you might opt for PHL regardless of the lounge situation in order to have the shortest travel times in what will be a pretty uncomfortable set of flights.
jmj9905 likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
DFW, ORD and a distant PHL and CLT. Also DFW and ORD have showers.
This. Also worth considering the international equipment onward. I’d personally choose DFW. I’m not sure what your origin is but I always prefer to have a longer eastbound international and shorter domestic flight. More time to sleep.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 12:40 pm

Programs: US Chairman no more. AA EXP
ORD is the only AC that serves cold bottles of Old Style so that tips the scales for me.
Check likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SpinOn2
From Ohio.
Depending on where in Ohio, you may want to look at flying the Pit to LHR nonstop on BA.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz Gold Plus, Hilton Diamond
DFW ACs are much nicer than CLTs and are much less crowded.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by PaperGlider
Oh thanks! That is a surprise, it seemed to be in relatively good condition in November. I'll need to see when that reopens.

Edit to add that the AA website shows 3 PHL lounges. 1 of which is closed. It appears that the big space in
Terminal A is going to be used for a Flagship lounge. https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...s/phl-club.jsp
Correction: PHL has four lounges, one of which is closed.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Dfw d, a, c, b
ord h/k
clt
phl
sobore likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.