Wiki Posts
Search

“By invite only” snail mail

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2019, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Premier Platinum
“By invite only” snail mail

Anyone else get a snail mail letter from AA with “By invite only” scrawled under the return address? Looks like the kind of mailing that’s opened by tearing along perforations on the top and bottom.

I am out of town but do USPS Informed Delivery, so while I can see the front of the envelope I won’t be able to actually open it for more than a week.

I’m an EXP (two consecutive years) who is on track for exactly no status next year.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 8:27 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
A little off topic but here is my story about Informed Delivery.

A few days after signing up for it, my mail showed an image if a letter from the IRS. My mind went a little crazy wondering what the letter says. It turned out to just be a confirmation of me opening an online account with them.

Anyway, sorry I can't answer your query.
mcrw00 likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA,ROP, Skymiles
It’s contains a link to their web site where you can pay to either upgrade or maintain your status. I’m pretty sure I received an email with the same link a few weeks ago.
mcrw00 likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by BKKSoiDog
It’s contains a link to their web site where you can pay to either upgrade or maintain your status. I’m pretty sure I received an email with the same link a few weeks ago.
I can confirm this. I received mine a few days ago. It was an offer to maintain my current status. However, my holiday flights will more than cover the needed miles and EQD.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by mcrw00
Anyone else get a snail mail letter from AA with “By invite only” scrawled under the return address? Looks like the kind of mailing that’s opened by tearing along perforations on the top and bottom.

I am out of town but do USPS Informed Delivery, so while I can see the front of the envelope I won’t be able to actually open it for more than a week.

I’m an EXP (two consecutive years) who is on track for exactly no status next year.
Strangely, I have informed delivery also, am away from home, and have the same question. I was hoping it was a random Concierge Key invitation, but barely making Platinum, I don’t know why it would be. Guess I’ll find out in a week or so

Last edited by FlaglerFlyer; Jan 2, 2020 at 1:31 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.