Old Dec 15, 19, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Anyone Missing a Contact Lense?

🤢🙄
Old Dec 15, 19, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: The Airline Run by Doug P
The prior passenger dropped it when he took it out to read the fine print on the barclay card app that said 60K for two domestic tickets isn’t really likely.
Old Dec 15, 19, 5:57 pm

Programs: an inch longer than you. Seriously, this is BS just for bragging.
this is kind of like taking a photo of a napkin on the seat. It's trash. OP is there a point you're trying to make?
Contacts are disposable, just brush it off and throw it away and wash your hands like you would if you touched a used tissue or something.
Old Dec 15, 19, 6:21 pm

Programs: CK or bust
To help further these along, I've created a template for any concerned parties to use.

Instructions: Complete the blanks below.

After _______ years, I'm quitting AA for ______ because they would never ________ to me.
Antarius and KBMIFlyer like this.
Old Dec 15, 19, 6:30 pm

Programs: QF WP
Found a pair in a BA first seat. NBD but it is a bit gross and wouldn’t it be nice if they cleaned the planes a bit better?
seigex likes this.
Old Dec 15, 19, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by nancypants View Post
Found a pair in a BA first seat. NBD but it is a bit gross and wouldn’t it be nice if they cleaned the planes a bit better?
What would be really amazing is if they had cleaned the pair that you found - Now that would be extremely helpful to the next seat occupant in need of some ocular assistance.

Being that it was a BA F seat, I would have popped 'em in just to see if I could experience the world from a BA perspective.
Old Dec 15, 19, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by enpremiere View Post
What would be really amazing is if they had cleaned the pair that you found - Now that would be extremely helpful to the next seat occupant in need of some ocular assistance.

Being that it was a BA F seat, I would have popped 'em in just to see if I could experience the world from a BA perspective.
Alex Cruz, willie Walsh, Doug Parker?
Old Dec 15, 19, 8:59 pm

Programs: DL Silver - uh huh!
“In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.”
ckendall likes this.
Old Dec 15, 19, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVPG75K, BA Silver, accidental DL FO, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, AmEx PLT
You won’t pick up any microbes from the average discarded contact lens that you wouldn’t have picked up from the seat surface anyway. Not a big deal, IMO.
Old Dec 15, 19, 9:15 pm

I see....
Old Dec 16, 19, 8:12 am

Programs: IHG Spire, Delta Silver
Originally Posted by LovePrunes View Post
Contacts are disposable, just brush it off and throw it away and wash your hands like you would if you touched a used tissue or something.
Not all contacts are disposable. You can’t do soft lenses with my prescription and the rigid gas permeable ones run me $100+ per lens.

When I was a kid (have worn them since I was eight) I once lost and then successfully recovered a lens in the atrium area of the Contemporary Resort at Disneyworld
texmanufan likes this.
Old Dec 16, 19, 8:45 am

Programs: AGR S, SPG PLT, MAR PLT, HGP Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
I don't wear contact lenses, but do watch my husband put them in and take them out often enough to wonder how this even happens. 🤔🤔
Old Dec 16, 19, 9:39 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by nancypants View Post
I'm with you on this. It's telling that people are so used to seeing trash in and around the seat they brush it off what a "what do you expect?" Fly ANA, JAL, EVA or Singapore airlines and tell me how many napkins or contacts you see on the seat. And in the picture it's obvious they looked at the seat to reset the seatbelt, so they didn't even do a cursory look to clean off the seat.
Old Dec 16, 19, 9:59 am

Programs: AA PLT/4MM, DL SM/1MM, HH ♦, Bonvoy LT PLT, Hyatt , AMEX Bus Plt
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
Not all contacts are disposable. You can’t do soft lenses with my prescription and the rigid gas permeable ones run me $100+ per lens.

When I was a kid (have worn them since I was eight) I once lost and then successfully recovered a lens in the atrium area of the Contemporary Resort at Disneyworld
True that not all contacts are disposable and glad that someone pointed this out - I produce these things. In this case though it appears to be a dried out soft lens. They are typically >50% water.
Old Dec 16, 19, 10:02 am

Programs: AA CK, Hyatt Globalist
I wear one disposable lens and on rare occasion it can pop out. It’s never happened on a plane but if it did, it would be very hard to see and find. I would never deliberately remove and dump a used lens at my seat because of the infection risk of not cleaning up before hand. It might have come from the cleaning crew for all we know. I’ve seen hard lenses in cases left in airport lounge bathrooms more than once. That would be an awful loss for the person who accidentally left them.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: