FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Alyssa has had it with American Airlines. Officially! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1999732-alyssa-has-had-american-airlines-officially.html)

aeroman380 Dec 13, 2019 5:53 pm

Alyssa has had it with American Airlines. Officially!

Got this from reddit

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...8f633f1e07.jpg

bse118 Dec 13, 2019 5:59 pm

Am I supposed to know who that is?

MSP_Monopoly Dec 13, 2019 6:02 pm

Haha this is awesome! But top 5%, I HIGHLY doubt that.

COGal Dec 13, 2019 6:06 pm

Alyssa Edwards...Drag Queen Extraordinaire. Though frustrating to be without your bag for five days.

SOBE ER DOC Dec 13, 2019 6:13 pm

Girrrrrrrrl! Do not mess with an angry drag queen! They have an audience and will share stories about the drama they have endured.

That aside, losing a bag for that long makes me think it's not lost...it's gone.

MorganB Dec 13, 2019 6:48 pm

Love. She was in London last week and saw "Everybody's Talking about Jaime". Maybe they lost her bag of gowns on the way back ha ha

CPRich Dec 13, 2019 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by MSP_Monopoly (Post 31837924)
Haha this is awesome! But top 5%, I HIGHLY doubt that.

Why would you HIGHLY doubt that an entertainer (actor and producer according to IMDB), with a bunch of TV and movie credits, wouldn't be in the top 5% of AA flyers?

87% of all AA flyers only fly once a year, so taking two trips puts someone in the top 13% right off the bat.

Top 5% isn't that difficult

QueenOfCoach Dec 13, 2019 6:56 pm

Goodbye Cruel Airline.

chazas Dec 13, 2019 7:06 pm

Omg I love her. She’s Dallas-based. And Cheryl Hole commented!!!!

cmd320 Dec 13, 2019 7:16 pm

No clue who she is but on the totem pole of problems at AA, lost luggage isn’t all that high IMO.

SightseeMC Dec 13, 2019 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by CPRich (Post 31838042)
Why would you HIGHLY doubt that an entertainer (actor and producer according to IMDB), with a bunch of TV and movie credits, wouldn't be in the top 5% of AA flyers?

87% of all AA flyers only fly once a year, so taking two trips puts someone in the top 13% right off the bat.

I'd make a strong bet that any EP is easily in the top 5% of AA flyers, given that there are probably less than 100K (as there were ~60K 4 years ago). Heck, top tier airline status might not even be 5% of FT posters.

cmtlatitudes Dec 13, 2019 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by CPRich (Post 31838042)

Wow. That is an interesting stat. I never would have guessed the vast majority of flyers are only once-a-year.

nancypants Dec 13, 2019 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by cmtlatitudes (Post 31838144)
Wow. That is an interesting stat. I never would have guessed the vast majority of flyers are only once-a-year.

stupid question I’m sure but how does that stat work? 87% of travellers take a single segment, one way trip per year? How do they get back?

i clicked through to the source and it didn’t seem to allow for the possibility of round trips

Fehdward Dec 13, 2019 7:52 pm

Someone needs their own Gulfstream G650.

_fx Dec 13, 2019 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by nancypants (Post 31838157)
stupid question I’m sure but how does that stat work? 87% of travellers take a single segment, one way trip per year? How do they get back?

i clicked through to the source and it didn’t seem to allow for the possibility of round trips

The footnote for the stat says “unique passengers flown.” Doesn’t specify anything about segments. My guess is they calculated per reservation; e.g., 87% of pax only travel on 1 reservation (most of which are probably RTs) per year.