SWU Visibility Online

Old Dec 18, 2019, 12:18 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Lots of great holiday reds in these posts!
jcatman likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Perhaps Deceptive is a better word

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
The aa.com link has always just said "Systemwide Upgrades". When you click on it you can see more details about what flights are specifically available and to and from what classes.

I don't see anything dishonest or deceiving about what is being presented. It's not as if the link says "SWUs available on all flights!" only for you to click on it and find out space is only available on one flight.

It's up to you as the traveller to decide if you want to use a SWU on a trip where only 1 of 2 segments can be confirmed at booking. I have certainly seen instances where SWU space is available on DFW-PEK but not RDU-DFW, for example, so I'm glad AA chose to disclose more information rather than less with the SWU link.
If I go to Best Buy online, and see a package that includes TV and a separate DVR and the price is listed as $1,000. If I click through to purchase ....and find out that to purchase the "package", it would be an additional $200.00 for the DVR. would be tantamount to clicking on the buy now button and finding out the thousand dollars is only for the TV and the TV are is an additional $200. Would you think that is a proper way to list the item (package).?
Old Dec 25, 2019, 2:42 pm

Can you explain this? SWU space availble?

Looking at JFK-HND... via LAX on Feb 4

BUT.... when you click on teh "Systemwide Upgrades... youi get this:

Can anyone explain? To me it looks like Upgrades are NOT available!

If that's true..... why the show Upgrade button?
Old Dec 25, 2019, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AA Flyer
Looking at JFK-HND... via LAX on Feb 4

BUT.... when you click on teh "Systemwide Upgrades... youi get this:

Can anyone explain? To me it looks like Upgrades are NOT available!

If that's true..... why the show Upgrade button?
The link being there does not mean upgrades are available. Never has. It simply is a means to check if upgrades are available. And a buggy one at that.

You are trying to read way too much into this.
enpremiere likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by bse118
The link being there does not mean upgrades are available. Never has. It simply is a means to check if upgrades are available. And a buggy one at that.

You are trying to read way too much into this.
If the upgrade button is there:......"simply is a means to check if upgrades are available." Then why isn't there a button (to check IF an upgrade is available) on all flights?
justforfun likes this.

Last edited by AA Flyer; Dec 25, 2019 at 7:22 pm Reason: typo
Old Dec 25, 2019, 9:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AA Flyer
If the upgrade button is there:......"simply is a means to check if upgrades are available." Then why isn't there a button (to check IF an upgrade is available) on all flights?
As I said:

Originally Posted by bse118
... And a buggy one at that.
You are trying to make too much out of what is marginally useful and somewhat poorly executed IT feature.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.