Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Making sure my EQD post ‘in time’ (to merge)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2019, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K, 1MM,AA Exec. Platinum, Global Entry, Nexus

I have the Barclays card aviator card. An included perk is $3000 EQD ONCE YOU SPEND $50,000. I just cleared that hurdle last week. The Barclays card site says it can take 6-8 weeks to post to my account. I need those dollars to complete my Ex Plat status for the year. How can I make sure they post by end of the year? Or, if they post in January,will it count for 2019 or does that go towards 2020 EQD?
has anyone run into this dilemma? And if so, how did you get the miles to post by end of year?
Old Dec 9, 2019, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
It's no different than flying a partner airline in 2019 and having it post a few weeks later in 2020. Still ends up in 2019.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Just got off of the phone with AA afvantage. They could NOT guarantee that my EQD would post. Even at the supervisor level. So I will have 118,345 EQM and if those $3000 do not post by end of the month I will be at $13,786 EQD. Those figures do NOT reflect the $3000. I don't trust AA to get it right. So in essence I have to spend another $1400 approx. to get status that I earned. That's b.s. Anyone have any suggestions. The first response is not correct.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 10:05 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
What did the folks at Barclays say when you asked them how long it would take?

In past years (when there was an EQD bump at $25,000 spend), the $3k EQD posted to my AA account within a week. That doesn't mean it will happen for you, but if you look through the thread on the Barclay card (where this will eventually be merged), you'll find similar accounts.

The reason that AA lets you keep your current status until 1/31 of the following year is to account for late activity like this in January. So long as you hit the threshold in 2019, and that is verified by Barclays, then it really doesn't matter if they take 2 days, 2 weeks, or 6 weeks to post that to your AA account. In the past, I've hit Barclay thresholds in late December (like after Christmas), and they were still posted to my AA account for that year.
bchandler02 likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
My experience with Barclays is the EQM & EQD bonuses post at your next statement closing date after you hit the mark. When's your next statement closing date? If it's before 12/31/19, at least in my experience, you'd be safe...but there are no guarantees.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 10:45 am

Programs: AA CK, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by GNRMatt
My experience with Barclays is the EQM & EQD bonuses post at your next statement closing date after you hit the mark. When's your next statement closing date? If it's before 12/31/19, at least in my experience, you'd be safe...but there are no guarantees.
Agree. If past experience of a few years ago is relevant, the closing date was the determining factor. I always paid the statement balance before the 31st just in case that was somewhere on the fine print. I can’t believe the Barclays people wouldn’t give you a straight answer.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aztimm
What did the folks at Barclays say when you asked them how long it would take?

In past years (when there was an EQD bump at $25,000 spend), the $3k EQD posted to my AA account within a week. That doesn't mean it will happen for you, but if you look through the thread on the Barclay card (where this will eventually be merged), you'll find similar accounts.

The reason that AA lets you keep your current status until 1/31 of the following year is to account for late activity like this in January. So long as you hit the threshold in 2019, and that is verified by Barclays, then it really doesn't matter if they take 2 days, 2 weeks, or 6 weeks to post that to your AA account. In the past, I've hit Barclay thresholds in late December (like after Christmas), and they were still posted to my AA account for that year.
Thank you for the reply. My statement closing date is the 14th of each month. According to the Barclays website, I earned the EQD on 11-30. What threw me off, was the disclaimer at the bottom of the page which states that bonuses can take up to 6-8 weeks to post to your account. I'm not someone that leaves things to chance so once I recognized this I reached out to AA. My worry is that it somehow doesn't post until after the cutoff date, and we are into the new year, I have NO recourse to flying last minute to satisfy the spend. Hence the wanting to dot all the i's and cross the t's before end of the month. I printed out a screen shot that shows I made the $50K in spend and so I believe I have a strong case, but you just never know with AA these days. I'll wait until the 20th when all of my travel is done and pivot based on what I see on my AA online account. Thanks again for your post!
Old Dec 9, 2019, 11:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by tomj888
Thank you for the reply. My statement closing date is the 14th of each month. According to the Barclays website, I earned the EQD on 11-30. What threw me off, was the disclaimer at the bottom of the page which states that bonuses can take up to 6-8 weeks to post to your account. I'm not someone that leaves things to chance so once I recognized this I reached out to AA. My worry is that it somehow doesn't post until after the cutoff date, and we are into the new year, I have NO recourse to flying last minute to satisfy the spend. Hence the wanting to dot all the i's and cross the t's before end of the month. I printed out a screen shot that shows I made the $50K in spend and so I believe I have a strong case, but you just never know with AA these days. I'll wait until the 20th when all of my travel is done and pivot based on what I see on my AA online account. Thanks again for your post!
You're being overly anxious about this, and have little to worry about. It will post middle of January 2020.

I'm in the same boat as you, having just cleared $50K last week and needing a whopping $250 to make EXP again.

Go read the Barclay Card thread and look at the entries of people in our same position last year. No one missed the EQD bonus to clear them into status for 2020.

It's wise of you to cover your bases here, but don't sweat it too much.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
I had this experience last year; I hit my EQD number in December and early in 2019 they retroactively posted to December 25 (really!). I got EXP though the SWUs posted later.

econometrics likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 4:44 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
My 3000 EQD posted last night...unrelated to my statement date...maybe the OP's did too?
Old Dec 10, 2019, 7:41 am

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by apeortdz
My 3000 EQD posted last night...unrelated to my statement date...maybe the OP's did too?
Yeah, in the master thread there are lots of comments about it posting the 10th of every month.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
And 4 new SWUs posted this morning.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flightrisk
Yeah, in the master thread there are lots of comments about it posting the 10th of every month.
Just read this and went back into my app and sure enough my $3000 EQD posted. I'm good to go.
These topics are when flyertalk family shines. Thanks to all who took the time to post.

Tom
apeortdz likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.