Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Group 1 boards with 16 people on an A319 with 8 F seats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Group 1 boards with 16 people on an A319 with 8 F seats

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2019, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
I often see FC pax try to board right after the pre-boards, before CK is called. The GAs usually just let it go. After they call CK, and before they call anyone else, the FC pax usually just start to follow behind.

On a recent flight, I was waiting to board (as a CK, which had not yet been called) but random group 1 pax kept boarding, and they obviously weren't military or people needing extra time. I actually asked the GA who she was boarding, and she said "just pre-boards", as she continued to board random group 1 pax. After about 10 FC pax had boarded, I had enough of waiting like I was supposed to (I'll admit -- I wasn't going to be the one left without FC bin space), and boarded. Just as I stepped on to the jet bridge, she called for CK, and a whole bunch of people approached the podium and she started boarding them (none of which were actually CK). So yeah, there are certainly extreme cases, like the OP and others have cited. IMHO, it's more the fault of the GA than the clueless pax.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 6:31 am

Programs: AA CK, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Platinum
Part of an over-inflated Group 1 could be CKs who couldn't body-surf over the hoard in time to get on when (if) CK was called.

Sometimes I'll get to the gate, especially ex-MCO, and there is just a mass of humanity blocking all access. I've gotten so tired of it that I'm no long afraid to be "that guy"... I'll just casually walk my way ahead of whoever is in the line. Most GAs are pretty good about calling for CK anyway, so I know I won't be standing there long. What I hate is to be seven rows deep in the boarding hoard, and having to try to say "excuse me" to all of the Group 7 and 8 people that are plugging the lanes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.