FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   HELP! I need xx EQ D,M,S / miles by date / EOY - 2019-2020 master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1997779-help-i-need-xx-eq-d-m-s-miles-date-eoy-2019-2020-master-thread.html)

mosfet Oct 21, 2019 9:49 pm

HELP! I need xx EQ D,M,S / miles by date / EOY - 2019-2020 master thread

BA Strikes leaves me 38 EQD short of qualifying for EXP.

Is there any anecdotal evidence for grace of this small amount?

Antarius Oct 21, 2019 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by mosfet (Post 31653484)

Unlikely as evidenced from the buy ups over the last few years. Also it is only October. Surely you can fly one extra short trip.

UKtravelbear Oct 22, 2019 12:09 am

what were the circumstancess?

was your BA flight cancelled and you took a refund or did BA rebook you onto another carrier that you did fly on?

Would be helpful if you could give the details

869 Oct 22, 2019 4:31 am

Originally Posted by Antarius (Post 31653538)
Unlikely as evidenced from the buy ups over the last few years. Also it is only October. Surely you can fly one extra short trip.

call and change one flight to the next higher fare bucket before year end.

fotographer Oct 22, 2019 5:57 am

$38 is nothing, you still have 2 plus months to make a short same day trip or like 869 has stated, upfare a segment.
My wife who was going to be short by quite a few dollars this year.. purchased a F return only on a flight to get over the hump... and well also booked 2 long haul flights before December too (she was short about $3000)

erik123 Oct 22, 2019 7:24 am

Ask via email - My kid was $50 short of gold in 2018 and they waived it.

MiamiAirport Formerly NY George Oct 22, 2019 7:31 am

Originally Posted by erik123 (Post 31654537)

I think at this point it's probably too early to ask. The risk is that the OP waits until late December and is told no. To be 100% certain upfare a segment or if the OP likes take a short flight to somewhere.

MSPeconomist Oct 22, 2019 7:35 am

Originally Posted by mosfet (Post 31653484)

Did you get original routing credit or was your trip simply cancelled?

mosfet Oct 22, 2019 7:50 am

Hey all,

The context here for the BA strike was I had an LHR - BCN in J booked which rendered around 170 EQD... Unfortunately, the rebook options got me into Barcelona 12-24hr's too late for my work schedule so took the refund and rebooked on Norwegian (the only carrier that had a 6am flight).

NewYorkGeorge is on the money here, waiting until December to be potentially told no would create a really expensive last min MR.

I have a return trip to Asia in a month that's 100% booked with miles I had to burn other than that nothing else booked for the end of the year.

Alas a Mileage run looks in the cards. I can most likely justify a trip out to LA but the Mrs will not be pleased me being away for another chunk!

Thanks all and good luck to the rest of y'all pushing for status this year!

UKtravelbear Oct 22, 2019 7:55 am

Originally Posted by mosfet (Post 31654630)
Hey all,

The context here for the BA strike was I had an LHR - BCN in J booked which rendered around 170 EQD... Unfortunately, the rebook options got me into Barcelona 12-24hr's too late for my work schedule so took the refund and rebooked on Norwegian (the only carrier that had a 6am flight).

!

Thats the Oroginal Routng Credit path closed off then. If BA had rebooked you you would have got ORC

mosfet Oct 22, 2019 8:38 am

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear (Post 31654650)
Thats the Oroginal Routng Credit path closed off then. If BA had rebooked you you would have got ORC

Unfortunately this wasn’t an option because I couldn’t have taken the rebooked flight... however was the error here if I had taken the offer for the rebooked flight and not flown it I could have made a case for ORC?

mvoight Oct 22, 2019 8:41 am

Originally Posted by erik123 (Post 31654537)

Pass performance is no guarantee of future performance.
When did your or your kid request for it to be waived? I suspect Oct is a bit early, and Jan would be too late if they say no.

Antarius Oct 22, 2019 8:55 am

Just find a dirt cheap RT and go there and come back.

Basically any flight will push you over.

Dr. HFH Oct 22, 2019 9:47 am

Originally Posted by mosfet (Post 31654630)
I can most likely justify a trip out to LA but the Mrs will not be pleased me being away for another chunk!

But if you're in NYC, you can do a roundtrip to LAX, leave in the morning and be back the same night. I did that very thing repeatedly maybe ten years ago ex-BOS when AA was running a triple mileage promo.

GrumpyYoungMan Oct 22, 2019 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH (Post 31655031)
But if you're in NYC, you can do a roundtrip to LAX, leave in the morning and be back the same night. I did that very thing repeatedly maybe ten years ago ex-BOS when AA was running a triple mileage promo.

For 38 EQD why bother with a transcon RT when any short hop will get what you need? I like the "beautiful people" flights as much as the next guy, but that seems like overkill for such a small threshold.