Business Extra "Audit"

Old Nov 29, 19, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA:Lifetime Platinum; MR:Lifetime Titanium
Business Extra "Audit"

I tried unsuccessfully to post this in the Business Extra thread. Moderator, please switch me.

We recently received a communication that our account was being audited. Has this happened to anyone else?

Thank you.
Old Nov 29, 19, 5:34 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, WN A+/CP, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hyatt EXPL, Hilton DIA
if you did nothing wrong, you have nothing to worry about.
Old Nov 29, 19, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by nachosdelux View Post
if you did nothing wrong, you have nothing to worry about.
I don't believe the OP was asking if they should be concerned, rather if it has happened to anyone else. And while I suspect it has, I don't recall seeing a thread here where BX accounts were under audit, but there is most certainly at least one thread on AAvanatage account audits...
Old Nov 29, 19, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver / VS /IHG Spire & Ambassador
Yes it is very likely others have been audited but (a) not everyone out there knows about flyer talk to post about it and (b) if they are on FT may not want to talk about it in public.

In the main audit thread for personal accounts JonNYC posts some very useful advice when dealing with the staff doing the audit which would be applicable to any sort of audit so I’ll summarise

be honest

answer any questions asked clearly and concisely and above all accurately and completely.

Don’t try and give the run around.

If they ask for a response within a certain time period then try and do that. If you can’t then tell them that ASAP don’t just ignore it and hope it will go away.

Be respectful and don’t rant when you do respond.
JDiver and Often1 like this.
Old Nov 29, 19, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA Exp (2020 is first and last year). Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I keep getting invitations to join BX, but then I read you're not eligible if you don't have employees. But they keep inviting me. I've had my own business for 25 years but it's a one-man shop. Should I sign up?
Old Nov 29, 19, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear View Post
Yes it is very likely others have been audited but (a) not everyone out there knows about flyer talk to post about it and (b) if they are on FT may not want to talk about it in public.

In the main audit thread for personal accounts JonNYC posts some very useful advice when dealing with the staff doing the audit which would be applicable to any sort of audit so Iíll summarise

be honest

answer any questions asked clearly and concisely and above all accurately and completely.

Donít try and give the run around.

If they ask for a response within a certain time period then try and do that. If you canít then tell them that ASAP donít just ignore it and hope it will go away.

Be respectful and donít rant when you do respond.
Dear OP, follow this advice and also read through that thread - it is a popular thread that provides entertainment for many flyer-talkers (schadenfreude, yes) but also educates us all. And may I add one other piece of advice: indignation will get you nowhere.
Old Nov 30, 19, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors LTDia, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by redtop43 View Post
I keep getting invitations to join BX, but then I read you're not eligible if you don't have employees. But they keep inviting me. I've had my own business for 25 years but it's a one-man shop. Should I sign up?
I wonder if there is a lower limit on # of employees and what are the requirements to "prove" someone is an employee. If I have an S corp or sole proprietor business, if I state that my wife or children are employees would they require some proof? Just noodling, I think about this whenever I get another invitation to join.

Maybe that is the cause of the OP's audit.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: