Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

No meal preorder options for JFK/EGE (1746 miles) in Y

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2019, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite

I’m flying from New York JFK to Vail Eagle EGE in a few weeks in economy. It’s a mainline flight that is 1746 miles, but there’s no option to preorder food. Does anyone know why?
Old Nov 25, 2019, 8:21 am

Programs: HH DFL, Hyatt Globalist, AA CK 3MM+, United 1K, National EE, Del Friscos Gold, Uber Diamond
I fly that all the time as I have a home in Vail. Its probably just because not everything is firm yet on that flight. It might also just be a "snack" vs a real meal. I haven't looked at the time of day yet as its different each season.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by MisplacedYankee
I fly that all the time as I have a home in Vail. Its probably just because not everything is firm yet on that flight. It might also just be a "snack" vs a real meal. I haven't looked at the time of day yet as its different each season.
11:20 AM - 2:17 PM in December, in January, 10:34 AM - 1:30 PM.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 8:37 am

Programs: HH DFL, Hyatt Globalist, AA CK 3MM+, United 1K, National EE, Del Friscos Gold, Uber Diamond
Originally Posted by donotblink
11:20 AM - 2:17 PM in December, in January, 10:34 AM - 1:30 PM.
Yeah thats what I thought - it will be a lunch "snack". Which is really amazing given the price of this flight in first...Has to be one of the most expensive to EGE.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by MisplacedYankee
Yeah thats what I thought - it will be a lunch "snack". Which is really amazing given the price of this flight in first...Has to be one of the most expensive to EGE.
OP is in Economy, so the standard items for flights of that time length and time of day should be available for purchase. They will not be getting a First Class "lunch 'snack'"
Often1 likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mvoight
OP is in Economy, so the standard items for flights of that time length and time of day should be available for purchase. They will not be getting a First Class "lunch 'snack'"
I mean, it's conceivable that as an EXP with more than $20,000 rolling EQDs I might get upgraded and get a J meal. That being said, I was looking to preorder a sandwich, preferably a Grüben if they're on offer.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I mean, it's conceivable that as an EXP with more than $20,000 rolling EQDs I might get upgraded and get a J meal. That being said, I was looking to preorder a sandwich, preferably a Grüben if they're on offer.
It’s also conceivable that the über rich flying to Vail with their families will buy up the entire FC cabin.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ijgordon
It’s also conceivable that the über rich flying to Vail with their families will buy up the entire FC cabin.
They already have, but there’s always a chance of misconnects and no-shows.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Inevitably, this flight is double-catered out of JFK. But it would seem to me that there would be plenty of space for BOB meals to be loaded (even double the normal amount). So, it may be a mystery...
Old Nov 25, 2019, 12:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Isn't the simplest thing to call AA?

F service is irrelevant as OP specifically says he is in Y.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
I’m flying from New York JFK to Vail Eagle EGE in a few weeks in economy. It’s a mainline flight that is 1746 miles, but there’s no option to preorder food. Does anyone know why?
Preorder options only show up online starting at 30 days out, and IME it's not always right at the 30 day window. You say your flight is in a "few weeks," if you're just inside the 30 days then I'd just give it some time, will most likely work itself out.
TWA884 likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
No option to choose because there is no meal on that flight.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by jbielsker
No option to choose because there is no meal on that flight.
Why would there be no meal on a mainline flight during the day that Is over 1700 miles? It must be a glitch or it is outside 30
day window
Old Nov 25, 2019, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Are people getting meal service in Y on 4hr flights that I should know about? I’m pretty sure they’re not even serve meals in Y on 6.5hr transcon.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by jbielsker
Are people getting meals in Y on 4hr flights that I should know about? I’m pretty sure they’re not even serve meals in Y on 6.5hr transcon.
Any flight over 3 hours on mainline has meal for purchase between 5am and 8pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.