Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Apple iPhone app - questions and issues (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 2, 2014, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
AA App for the Apple iPhone / iOS - Questions, Issues

The iPhone American Airlines app now (Sep 2014) requires iOS 8.0 to run properly. If you have an earlier iPhone you do not wish to update from iOS 7 or previous versions due to battery usage and reported slowness, the AA app now requires updating to iOS 8 to communicate and exchange data with AA.

The previous iPhone American Airlines App works with iOS 7.0 and was originally released September 2013; the newest version is 3.4.1 (for fixes for iPad crashes). Further information can be found in the iTunes store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/american-airlines/id382698565?mt=8

cubuffaloes2004 states:

"What's New in Version 3.3.0
- Now retrieve your mobile boarding pass for AA flights (for eligible cities) on itineraries with codeshare flights
- Ability to change your seat on US Airways flights
- Upon check in, see status of systemwide and 500-mile upgrade requests
- Mobile boarding pass redesign/enhancements
- Smarter search capabilities on Flight Status and Schedules
- Various other bug fixes"

Also displays the incoming flight.

The posts from 2011 and prior to then have been archived; you may find them here: Archive: AA iPhone app - questions and issues (2011 and prior)

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2012, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hertz President Circle

Hi, I'm new to AA, but I just realized on the iphone app under my mileage, my miles are now showing zero. Just yesterday, it was showing xx,xxx, I wonder what changed?

I logged in via my PC and found that all my miles are still there, so I'm relieved. Anyone else experiencing this?
Old Jan 9, 2012, 5:01 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
A few months back I could no longer change seats on the Iphone app and this morning when I press on the seat the seat mapper does not even upload. Anyone else having problems changing seats on the Iphone app.
I've also had difficulty with this part of the app - I think the problem is that it takes a long time to load the data and it's very hard to read the seat map.

The boarding pass also has been dropped once or twice, but the GA has looked me up and I was able to board unimpeded. All of my trips show up, even some I haven't followed thru on - I like the app personally.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 7:36 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by george 3

The boarding pass also has been dropped once or twice, but the GA has looked me up and I was able to board unimpeded. All of my trips show up, even some I haven't followed thru on - I like the app personally.
Whenever I get a mobile BP, I save the image to my phone as soon as I get it. Then it can't be dropped no matter how their site behaves.

Cheers.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 7:56 am

Programs: AA Exp 1.3mm, HH Dia, SPG Gld, IHG Plt
Originally Posted by george 3
All of my trips show up, even some I haven't followed thru on
This seems to be an error for the last several months that I wish AA would fix. If I am logged in at AA.com and I price a trip all the way to the point where I would normally purchase it, but then I don't, it still shows up on my iPhone app. It has a record locator, but you get an error when you try to view it. Not a big deal since I know which trips are real, but definitely something that should not happen. Please fix!
Old Jan 19, 2012, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA Plat; MR Plat
iPhone app - view AA seats?

Does anyone know of any iPhone app that will allow us to view wait list for UG?

Or other service that will show wait list?
Old Jan 19, 2012, 4:05 pm

AA implied that their app was going to do this, but it doesn't (yet).

I don't think there's any (publicly available) service that will provide this information, unfortunately.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 4:16 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Sterno
Does anyone know of any iPhone app that will allow us to view wait list for UG?
There is an AA iPhone app that shows the priority list but it is available only to employees and retirees, not to the flying public.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP 5MM, DL DM, Bonvoy Titanium, Avis CHM, National VIP
I can't believe it's not called "JetAAway".
Old Jan 19, 2012, 5:13 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Originally Posted by jordyn
AA implied that their app was going to do this, but it doesn't (yet).

I don't think there's any (publicly available) service that will provide this information, unfortunately.
The current AA iPhone app does display the stand-by list, provided you are on the list. It does not display the UG list.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 3:13 am

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold
More of a rant...

Just tried using the mobile boarding pass with my iPhone for an AA mileage run; lax-dfw. Got to TSA 20 minutes prior but they refused to use My boarding pass. Ran to a AA kiosk which showed that I wasn't checked in, despite me checking in on my iPhone, and it wouldn't allow the printing of a physical boarding pass. Went to the desk which was unmanned; cleaning crew said everyone went home for the night even though there should be someone until 1230 per a phone rep. It was 1205 at this time. Ran back to TSA who said, "just forget it, your late anyways."

Now I'm taking the greyhound back to San Diego, I knew I should have driven...
Old Jan 29, 2012, 9:51 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott
I am a little frustrated with the App and its inability to stay logged in for longer than about 30 seconds. And if i accidentally tip my phone and it goes from long view to upright view it logs me back out and have to start over.

My wishlist for the App:

1. Once the app logs you in, stay logged in to view/modify reservations
2. Allow a complete booking of a flight as opposed to giving me the "unable to complete this reservation" error
3. Show the airport standby list. It really isn't that hard. If Delta can make this work, there is no reason why AA can't.
4. I currently have 4 confirmed reservations and no held ones according to aa.com. However, the app shows that I have roughly 9-10. Refresh the rate.

Also, I apparently have enough segments that, if AA allowed rollover segments, I should be EXP for life.

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...04991088_n.jpg
Old Jan 29, 2012, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by aviatorzz
I am a little frustrated with the App and its inability to stay logged in for longer than about 30 seconds.
This is a big annoyance to me. I use an Android phone and have the AA widget that shows me upcoming flight info. It's useless if it keeps logging me off, which defeats the purpose of having a widget show you your upcoming flights right away.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 1:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
I'd also like the Iphone app to show the status of one's inbound flight. As I learned today On Time on the board and web site may not mean squat.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 2:15 pm

An Issue or Should this make a lifetime EXP

woke up this morning to check my posted miles and status qualification screen on the AA app to find this

Old Jan 29, 2012, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP/AAIRPASS 2MM, UA 1K, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by WrLdTrvLnIndian
woke up this morning to check my posted miles and status qualification screen on the AA app to find this

Same for me. Looks like points = segments...if only that we're the case!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.