FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Can't see pre-order meal options for transcon redeye Flagship (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1996124-cant-see-pre-order-meal-options-transcon-redeye-flagship.html)

FlyingWelshie Nov 19, 19 10:41 am

Can't see pre-order meal options for transcon redeye Flagship

Hi

I have a Biz class flight in less than 30 days,

In MMB I can see pre-order options for LHR-JFK return but for the JFK-LAX sectors the pre-order options are not shown.

The JFK-LAX sectors I am flying Business Class on-board the A321T - should the pre-order options be available?

Thanks

USFlyerUS Nov 19, 19 11:18 am

Exactly what day and time is your JFK-LAX flight? The menu shows at exactly 30 days, down to the minute.

FlyingWelshie Nov 19, 19 11:56 am

Originally Posted by USFlyerUS (Post 31754452)
Exactly what day and time is your JFK-LAX flight? The menu shows at exactly 30 days, down to the minute.

Hi USFlyer

the flights are 5 and 9 December. JFK-LAX is 10pm and LAX-JFK Is 10:50pm

thanks

ShortDog Nov 19, 19 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingWelshie (Post 31754316)
Hi

I have a Biz class flight in less than 30 days,

In MMB I can see pre-order options for LHR-JFK return but for the JFK-LAX sectors the pre-order options are not shown.

The JFK-LAX sectors I am flying Business Class on-board the A321T - should the pre-order options be available?

Thanks

Are you trying to use BA's MMB to look at pre-ordering? You have to use AA's website, with the AA PNR.

FlyingWelshie Nov 19, 19 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by ShortDog (Post 31754614)
Are you trying to use BA's MMB to look at pre-ordering? You have to use AA's website, with the AA PNR.

Hi

using AA MMB. Iíve booked my meal for the LHR-JFK segments

thanks

JJeffrey Nov 19, 19 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingWelshie (Post 31754581)
Hi USFlyer

the flights are 5 and 9 December. JFK-LAX is 10pm and LAX-JFK Is 10:50pm

thanks

AFAIK those flight times do not have full meal services.

dll Nov 19, 19 12:09 pm

Both flights are marked Snack or Brunch which is probably why pre-order is not available to you. They'll both offer meals, although abbreviated from the "full service" transcon Flagship product. I believe AA's expectation is most customers will choose to pre-dine in the lounge prior to these late evening flights. Haven't taken one of these in a year or so but my last experience was that it's a single tray service with a more streamlined menu.

USFlyerUS Nov 19, 19 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingWelshie (Post 31754581)
JFK-LAX is 10pm and LAX-JFK Is 10:50pm

That's why. Neither of those flights get full meals.

formeraa Nov 19, 19 12:52 pm

After all these years, we are still seeing that phantom "Snack or Brunch" meal designation. It has been a known bug in SABRE for 30+ years and nobody seems to be motivated to fix it. :)

Back to the topic at hand, there is no pre-flight meal choice on the red-eye transcon flights. But you will receive a light meal service.

ESpen36 Nov 19, 19 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by formeraa (Post 31754819)
After all these years, we are still seeing that phantom "Snack or Brunch" meal designation. It has been a known bug in SABRE for 30+ years and nobody seems to be motivated to fix it. :)

Back to the topic at hand, there is no pre-flight meal choice on the red-eye transcon flights. But you will receive a light meal service.

Exactly. Just eat in the lounge before departure and sleep on board. Not worth staying awake for a snack service.

USFlyerUS Nov 20, 19 10:03 am

Originally Posted by formeraa (Post 31754819)

How is this a bug? It seems to be a correct description. A snack is served on this flight.

hunterjumperguy Nov 20, 19 10:24 am

Preorder Available Previously

Thatís not correct. I have made pre-order selections for transcon red-eyes, for the late night snack, as recently as July. Not seeing it now for my flight tomorrow night.

AANYC1981 Nov 20, 19 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by hunterjumperguy (Post 31758121)
Thatís not correct. I have made pre-order selections for transcon red-eyes, for the late night snack, as recently as July. Not seeing it now for my flight tomorrow night.

thatís what I was about to say.....definitely was able to preorder for the premium transcon red eyes before.....specifically that meatloaf dish.